Nippy Normans

Customer service, the clue is in the title. Sending out the customers order is the easy bit, dealing with problems is what makes the difference between a good and a bad company. Not answering countless emails or the phone is inexcusable. Ive had a similar experience in the past and look elsewhere now.

Avoid in my opinion, as long as straight forward sale, you pay, they supply all is well. Any deviation from this seems to = misery.

Update

Update, from the help of members, I finally manage to get intouch with NN. They say they refunded me, but clearly not, anyway I did get a refund and they sent me some ACF50, which was good of them. The issue I have, is as others have said, lack of communication, when there’s an issue or refund involved. I sent 4 emails over several weeks, asking why they hadn’t refunded me, all were ignored, it wasn’t until I started this thread, got the phone number and finally manage to speak directly with NN, that I got it sorted.

I asked why my emails weren’t replied to, when my emails enquiring about the product, prior to ordering were answered in a timely manner, they couldn’t answer this. I also pointed out, that I had started a thread on ukGSer, asking for help, which I think had more impact than any email or phone call. In the end, I got my refund and some ACF50.

If NN is reading this, please learn from this, you send the items in a prompt manner, but please continue to give the customer service on any issues, returns and refunds. Also add a phone number to your website, but also, look at your return process, pretty poor system, with lots of potential for problems!

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.
Cheers :thumby:

Update, from the help of members, I finally manage to get intouch with NN. They say they refunded me, but clearly not, anyway I did get a refund and they sent me some ACF50, which was good of them. The issue I have, is as others have said, lack of communication, when there’s an issue or refund involved. I sent 4 emails over several weeks, asking why they hadn’t refunded me, all were ignored, it wasn’t until I started this thread, got the phone number and finally manage to speak directly with NN, that I got it sorted.

I asked why my emails weren’t replied to, when my emails enquiring about the product, prior to ordering were answered in a timely manner, they couldn’t answer this. I also pointed out, that I had started a thread on ukGSer, asking for help, which I think had more impact than any email or phone call. In the end, I got my refund and some ACF50.

If NN is reading this, please learn from this, you send the items in a prompt manner, but please continue to give the customer service on any issues, returns and refunds. Also add a phone number to your website, but also, look at your return process, pretty poor system, with lots of potential for problems!

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.
Cheers :thumby:

He won’t learn from this. Has been happening for years. JJH

Well it came quickly and was as described. (Camera mount) fitted easily too.

Just as well, you'd have fuck all luck returning it and getting a refund inside of 4 weeks, and that's if he's finally given up using Covid-19 as an excuse :tosser

Well, I've just had a great experience with Nippy Normans, So thought I would balance the negativity with a positive story:

I finally built up enough enthusiasm to do some servicing on my GS. I dutifully searched around for all the bits I would need, oil, filters, sparks etc and then I came across a service package from NN which was a little bit cheaper, Result! I paid my money and the box of goodies turned up promptly and I got cracking. After replacing the filter and topped up the beast with the amber nectar I thought "best to take this for a test ride". Once I returned back to the shed I noticed a little dribble of oil from the filter. Clearly mu hands are getting weak and I'd not tightened the filter up enough. I grabbed the oil filter wrench and this is the 'oh shit moment' the wrench didn't fit. Then I realised the part number was not the same as the one I took off (I know, school boy error). It was the wrong filter (right bike wrong year)

Anyway, emailed NN informing them of my predicament, I got a swift email back stating that they would replace the filter and the oil at no cost and it would be with me shortly, sure enough 2 days later a new box arrived with all the correct bits.

Personally I though this was great service as this cost them and there was no quibble, no pointing fingers suggesting I'd ordered the wrong kit, just great customer service.

Anyway, just my 2 pence worth, hopefully of help to someone

The only reason I never use Nippy Normans is because their website is utter shite. Now I’m glad I’ve never perceived with it. You put the item name in their search and get pages of crap and not the thing you’re after. :blast

I've spent a fair amount with them down the years - the old adage is as true today as it's ever been. You only know how good a company is by the way they deal with problems.

Never had reason to complain before recently.

I bought a product that was faulty, it was replaced by another faulty product. I asked if there was an alternative or could I have my money back if it was not a possibility - email ignored. So I sent a further 3 asking the same question, each with the same response...

Bought a replacement via Amazon and all fine.

Put an order in at 10 am yesterday on an item shown as being in stock, checked order status today and 24 hours later it still has not been processed.
Last order took over 14 days due to apparent Covid issues

Put an order in at 10 am yesterday on an item shown as being in stock, checked order status today and 24 hours later it still has not been processed.
Last order took over 14 days due to apparent Covid issues

Well ordered arrived within 6 days of ordering and the stuff was perfect

I had issues with him. Actually got talking to someone there. Attitude was terrible. Could’ve thought Basil Faulty a thing or two about being obnoxious. JJH

I was looking at buying something crash bars I think for my r1200rt and then called to get more info, happy to sell to you! I eventually found the same parts, same manufacturer, but cheaper online. But I was called up with progressing an order with them I said I found it cheaper. There is a difference between a quote and an order! I got one hell of a snotty email from him after telling him that and I have never visited his site again.

A maxim he should follow - If you don't take care of your customers, someone else will...

Another positive story, I very recently bought a Puig rear wheel hugger from them, whilst fitting it I managed to break one of the fittings. It was entirely down to my stupidity/clumsiness. I emailed NN explain what I'd done and asked about the cost of a replacement part.
The part arrived by return post, FOC!
No complaints here!

Well, I've just had a great experience with Nippy Normans, So thought I would balance the negativity with a positive story:

I finally built up enough enthusiasm to do some servicing on my GS. I dutifully searched around for all the bits I would need, oil, filters, sparks etc and then I came across a service package from NN which was a little bit cheaper, Result! I paid my money and the box of goodies turned up promptly and I got cracking. After replacing the filter and topped up the beast with the amber nectar I thought "best to take this for a test ride". Once I returned back to the shed I noticed a little dribble of oil from the filter. Clearly mu hands are getting weak and I'd not tightened the filter up enough. I grabbed the oil filter wrench and this is the 'oh shit moment' the wrench didn't fit. Then I realised the part number was not the same as the one I took off (I know, school boy error). It was the wrong filter (right bike wrong year)

Anyway, emailed NN informing them of my predicament, I got a swift email back stating that they would replace the filter and the oil at no cost and it would be with me shortly, sure enough 2 days later a new box arrived with all the correct bits.

Personally I though this was great service as this cost them and there was no quibble, no pointing fingers suggesting I'd ordered the wrong kit, just great customer service.

Anyway, just my 2 pence worth, hopefully of help to someone

Back
Top Bottom