Xt 660z oil drain plug... genius

Dusty

Reaction score
So did my first services on the tenere today.... it must have been a design genius that thought about where to put that..... how much pressure does that come out at... ffs... what a mess....

Just sayin

So did my first services on the tenere today.... it must have been a design genius that thought about where to put that..... how much pressure does that come out at... ffs... what a mess....

Just sayin

There is a VAG engineer who has two dates marked in his diary, these are the dates the AHU engine is due to be serviced.

On those day's he gets all his mates round they break open a few tinnies, and piss them selves laughing at the poor sods doing sick swan impersonations whilst trying to

remove the oil filter, which due to his clever design, means the hot contents of the filter only have one way to go, down your fukcing arm to the elbow.

If i ever get to meet said design engineer, i will ram said filter so far up his arse, he will need an endescopy to remove the fecker.

bastid! :D ;)

Don’t spend too long on their website or you could end up blowing more cash than you intended. I’ve got one of the drain plugs on my Tenere and they certainly make life a lot easier.

Just sayin
Ye only get caught out the first time :D
Great Wee bikes , I regretted selling my first one , and now have another in the stable , I find I use it a Lot more than the GSA1200

Yes coolant changed today ... that old stuff was in proper bad order.... oil still fairly clean though.... I do love it though... just need to shift the 1150 on now.... which will be a sad loss...

I think I will partially strip this over winter.. it been about a bit... the guy I bought it off road it through alaska.. mongolia... trans continental ... well sorted but a bit tired ..

Wheels could do with a refurb .. rusty spokes...

Its taking me to the Balkans next year

If you’re giving it a good looking over I’d suggest greasing the steering head bearings and the suspension bushes because they need doing every couple of years and I’d change the wheel bearings before you go. Mine had a front wheel bearing go and I’ve known others have the same problems so for the sake of a few quid and an afternoon working on the bike it’s worth it for the peace of mind. While the rear wheel is out have a look at the cush drive rubbers because they take a hammering and need either packing out with bits of inner tube or replacing every 8k miles.

Servicing is easy so it’s worth doing a thorough job :thumb2

Yes coolant changed today ... that old stuff was in proper bad order.... oil still fairly clean though.... I do love it though... just need to shift the 1150 on now.... which will be a sad loss...

I think I will partially strip this over winter.. it been about a bit... the guy I bought it off road it through alaska.. mongolia... trans continental ... well sorted but a bit tired ..

Wheels could do with a refurb .. rusty spokes...

Its taking me to the Balkans next year

You still got the Old 1150 You had over here DUsty ??

You still got the Old 1150 You had over here DUsty ??

Hey Doc... yes sadly I cant keep it .... starting to strip the farkles off it and putting it back to stock.... would love to keep it ....

U doing ok over there on the Island...?

Might be over in the next few weeks ... and hopefully stopping at Trevor Marsdens place with Family in August...

Back
Top Bottom