Smart notifications?????

G5RJO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an XT over my older Zumo 595. Smart notifications may be a deal maker or deal breaker... Would be very useful for my business.

Anyone using smart notifications of phone messages on the XT ?

I've seen that you can get text messages displayed and/or read out through a headset.. Does this actually work on the UK model?

If anyone does use it, does it also alert and/or read out WhatsApp messages?

Many thanks,

Roger.

Thinking about getting an XT over my older Zumo 595. Smart notifications may be a deal maker or deal breaker... Would be very useful for my business.

Anyone using smart notifications of phone messages on the XT ?

I've seen that you can get text messages displayed and/or read out through a headset.. Does this actually work on the UK model?

If anyone does use it, does it also alert and/or read out WhatsApp messages?

Many thanks,

Roger.

It displays and, if you press the play icon, will also read the text out to you either through the headset or it's own speaker.
It doesn't do the same for whatsapp.

I thought the 595 did the same.

It displays and, if you press the play icon, will also read the text out to you either through the headset or it's own speaker.
It doesn't do the same for whatsapp.

I thought the 595 did the same.

I have a 595 and i have not seen that function on it

However if you have a headset such as Sena you certainly hear when an e mail text or whatsapp thing pings in and if desperate Siri can read it to you if you ask

I have a 595 and i have not seen that function on it

However if you have a headset such as Sena you certainly hear when an e mail text or whatsapp thing pings in and if desperate Siri can read it to you if you ask

I have recently parted company with a 590 i upgraded to a 595. I could have sworn i saw texts displayed in a pop out section on the right of the screen.

Garmin says here https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/zumo595/EN-US/GUID-5CCF667A-624C-410D-A0A7-1FE884B78E70.html it will do it.

Another 'must have' distraction to take the 21st century bikers's mind off the tedium of riding a motorcycle.

Another 'must have' distraction to take the 21st century bikers's mind off the tedium of riding a motorcycle.

Well said! That's the last thing I want to bother with on mine and have turned it off. But I do like accurate mapping, good user interface and in particular, clear, large screen. All of which the XT has. Keep it simple.

Well said! That's the last thing I want to bother with on mine and have turned it off. But I do like accurate mapping, good user interface and in particular, clear, large screen. All of which the XT has. Keep it simple.

Having started in the early 60's I did, (just like you two and others still do to some extent) for many, many years grumpily dismiss as irrelevant all the new fangled gizmos
which included, starter motors, who needs 'em? Indicators, bloody unsafe what if they break? Disc brakes, they're shit in the wet, ABS? what's up with cadence braking?
Gear position indicators, pussies use them, 5 gears? Too feckin' many, 6 gears? Feck me! where's it going to end? 100bhp?? too much! and so on and so forth but then,
i learned to embrace the new developments and gizmos with all the new features they provided (getting my texts delivered in front of me is brilliant) and i bloody love it :D
Bring it on lets have more i say :thumb2 :D

Update; Yes, the XTdoes display and read out whatsapp messages as i have just tested it again and, it did it.

You do need to use the Garmin Drive app with the XT to get the notifications, in there you need to set your notifications preferences;
I had only selected (allowed) text messages not "social" once i had selected it the XT started to display the notifications from whatsapp.

Result eh? Lovin' this XT :okay

The XT displays anything that will appear in the "notification" system of your mobile.

Before I removed any notifications (I don't like them and I don't need them thank god) mine was showing on screen Slack notifications...

Back
Top Bottom