Neutral light and more...

Norbsa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently having electrical problems with my 04 Dakar.
I replaced the battery recently as the bike hasn’t been run for months and the old battery wouldn’t hold a full charge any more.
On first start up no problems, though subsequently I noticed the neutral light was very dim, no dash lights and the headlamp not on though side light and main beam functioning.
Engine also cuts out occasionally. I haven’t risked riding it.
I’ve removed the neutral switch. I’m not sure how to test the plunger though just earthing the wire does nothing. I notice when pressing the starter button the neutral light comes on but engine doesn’t run unless cable earthed then the light is out!
The side stand cut out is working.
Needless to say I’ve looked for loose connections etc.
Any suggestions?:nenau
Thanks

Hi, I’m currently having electrical problems with my 04 Dakar.
I replaced the battery recently as the bike hasn’t been run for months and the old battery wouldn’t hold a full charge any more.
On first start up no problems, though subsequently I noticed the neutral light was very dim, no dash lights and the headlamp not on though side light and main beam functioning.
Engine also cuts out occasionally. I haven’t risked riding it.
I’ve removed the neutral switch. I’m not sure how to test the plunger though just earthing the wire does nothing. I notice when pressing the starter button the neutral light comes on but engine doesn’t run unless cable earthed then the light is out!
The side stand cut out is working.
Needless to say I’ve looked for loose connections etc.
Any suggestions?:nenau
Thanks

Look at my post 11-04-18 Similar to your symtoms.

Back
Top Bottom