Posting on YouTube - please help

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m attempting to upload my first un-edited .MOV video onto YouTube but every time I try it gets to 99% of processing when it states “unable to SAVE as it’s too long” yet it is only about 20 mins long. How can this be when I see videos on YouTube of over 2 hours.
If anyone can offer any advice I’d be most grateful.

I don't know for sure and quite probably wrong but may be if it's your first vid you may be limited to upload length, just a guess.

Unless you have a verified YT account you cannot upload videos beyond 20 mins - not sure what you need todo to "get verified" as I have naturally been verified I guess in past so not faced the issue but am aware of this limitation now - google is your friend at guess.

Generally speaking most of us are pretty familiar with riding a bike through the countryside, around bends and up hill and down dale, so long stretches of that is simply not too attractive. As others have said, some commentary with some interesting locations would help.

Personally I look for videos which are 5-10 minutes long as much more and I'm so tempted to fast forward. The 60-120 minute videos you see on Youtube - I wonder just how keenly they are watched?

I know it is a lot of work to produce a good video so good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. At present I’ve no means of editing the vids but hopefully that should be changing very soon.
I am only using a cheap SJCam camera which has no means of Bluetooth or remote control so editing is really essential.
Hopefully with practice, patience and some imagination things just may improve.

Back
Top Bottom