Recommendations - chrome plating near Camberley

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all -

Please could anyone recommend a company somewhere within a few miles of Bagshot/Camberley that could do a decent job re-chroming a part? I know it's easy enough to find such companies on the web - I'm just interested to hear of one that folks have had personal (good!) experience of.

Cheers,

Paul

Be prepared for a sharp intake of breath when you see the prices! I was recommended this place by Guzzi Riders members: http://www.chromefix.co.uk/. It's nowhere near Camberley but a postal service.

Good luck ...

Thanks guys.

Yes Nin, I believe that to chrome plate properly involves quite a few stages, including laying down a non-chrome base layer, so I was wondering whether it might be a bit pricey! However, the part can be easily posted so I will get a quote from them.

Cheers!

Paul,
It very much depends on what you want.
Some companies will just flash chrome on what you have, this will not last very long
Proper chrome is triple plating, usually with copper as the base coat, which will cover up some imperfections, then nickel then chrome for the bright lustre

Whoever you use lay out all the parts you want plated, and take decent photo's so you have a record of what you have given them, also any prep work you can do before hand will reflect in the price and the quality of the final product

Just got my first quote, £125. It's for the front forks that belong to a vintage italian racing bicycle. I understand that there's probably a lot of work involved, but that's more than i had anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom