Just bought an Exclusive

billybac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After being hit by a car on my GS three years ago, I moved to a Triumph Street Triple Rx but it has become too uncomfortable. I have just put a deposit down on a 68 plate R1200R Exclusive and pick it up some time next week. I really enjoyed the test ride and it handles just like my previous LC GS, just easier to touch the floor!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 605
Nice one, congrats and I really hope you enjoy her as much as I love my R1200R. :beer:

Good choice, a really under the radar bike. Wait till you've had it a while, you'll realise they handle better than the GS.

Cheers, very much looking forward to it. Thought the noise would be lacking but the standard can does its best and is pretty good. Had an SC Project on my Street and it was loud with the baffles in.

Leo Vince do a nice end can, and its reasonably priced compared to the Akra, and smaller so looks more the part on the bike.

Had my eye on a Leo Vince on E,bay. Bidding got to £200 so had a look on their site. £367, so I ordered one. Arrived today, very nicely packed, looks very nicely made. Took 10mins to fit, all went together perfectly, sounds nice (not tried it without the removable baffle) and looks 200% better.

Congratulations! Not ridden the WC 1200R but owned a TC 1200R and loved it, these can do anything on road and handle like a dream.

Get those baffles out, its soooooo nice and fruity, whilst not too excessive either.

The blip you get when accelerating using the auto shifter is addictive too :thumb

Had my eye on a Leo Vince on E,bay. Bidding got to £200 so had a look on their site. £367, so I ordered one. Arrived today, very nicely packed, looks very nicely made. Took 10mins to fit, all went together perfectly, sounds nice (not tried it without the removable baffle) and looks 200% better.

Just looked at their site, it does indeed look good - thanks for the tip!

I was watching that one on Ebay as well, it looked well used in the close-up pics but worth a punt at close to the starting price - when it went north of £200 I thought the same, an extra £100 for a brand new one......no brainer

I bought a 1200R Sport in February to complement the GS.

I have however given up on Coopers at TW. Getting through to anyone on the service desk is a painful experience, and has been for at least a year. On my last call on Friday, I was told "Our consultant is on his lunch break". That says they have only one person on the service desk now and probably explains why my call on Tuesday to book never got returned. I said I would try another dealer. I had heard that Inchcape have been trying to unload the entire TW site for a while: cars, minis and bikes.

Not worth calling them back? Given they are pretty close to you, rather than travelling to another dealer?

Back
Top Bottom