New map update will not install

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well that’s 2 hours of my life I won’t get back.
Plugged in Nav V, after the usual buggering about trying to get it to connect to Garmin Express (which itself needs an update) I finally get the information that there’s 2 updates to install.
One is the new maps. Usually no problem, ha ha right.
GE will not see my SD card despite the fact that I can access it via Windows Explorer and apparently there’s not enough room on the Nav V so I download the maps to my PC
Open Basecamp and there’s an update to install.
That done it now won’t open Map Installer.

Now all I get is a spinning wheel and I’ve given up.

The only device I ever have a problem connecting to my PC is a Garmin, time and time again.

Prior to buggering about with my Nav I tried to update my mate’s 660
Software updated OK yet despite it being a lifetime maps 660 all I get is the cost to update the maps.

I give in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't a general problem with Nav V as I've just updated mine. Step 1 is definitely to update Garmin Express. My Nav V takes a minute or so before being recognised by the PC, and it then appears in GE. At that point I select load maps to device and to the PC. I select a specific drive and folder on the PC for the maps but that's just my setup. No selection of a location on the Nav V.

Does GE flag up that there's insufficient space on the Nav V despite the fact that you have an SD card installed? All I can suggest is that you try a different SD card - I think there may be a limit of 32GB recognised by the Nav V.

Back
Top Bottom