n00b daft question- Do all BMW NAVs come with lifetime maps?

abraxas

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All.

A daft question... I acquired a Navigator IV yesterday and I realised that the map on it is 2012.20 :) Thinking that a few things may have changed since, I may as well see if there is an update.

I got a box with manuals, and cables and it also came with a wee yellow card for registration that has some codes on it, but they don't do much and Garmin Connect is kindly offering me to pay 75 quid for the privilege. So, I was wondering whether the p.o. registered it already / I am doing something daft / or some of them simply don't come with the lifetime maps. So I thought I'd ask here first... Seems I need to buy the cradle for my F800GS and the mountig bracket...and map updates... and camera software... thinking is it really worth it?

I am reading up about open-source maps and so forth [very appreciative for pointers and help received from Santa-2512 :thumb2 ], but thought I'd check the obvious here first.

Thanks!

Hi,

Not all navigators came with lifetime maps, most earlier models didn't have this.
I have successfully installed Open Street Maps on a zumo 550 in the past. These maps are free but not always easy to get downloaded and installed. I have a NAV 5 now that has lifetime maps so haven't looked at this lately.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom