2006 Fat boy anything to look for / issues

I prefer the older grey one Rob.

A Fatboy is about “just crusin” and soaking up the vibe. :thumb2

I prefer the older grey one Rob.

A Fatboy is about “just crusin” and soaking up the vibe. :thumb2

I'm coming round to that . It is just like the one I had new in 2001 . It rides like new and feels right . I know they are not meant to be fast . It also has the look of your original , which I really like

Grey is the new black. :D

Attachments

• 9411E9A6-2F5C-45D0-96B9-134623422CD5.jpg
    9411E9A6-2F5C-45D0-96B9-134623422CD5.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 198
Grey is the new black. :D

One thing I noticed was the fork lowers have some corrosion to the clear coat . Is that easy to remove or is it a case of new fork lowers ? They can do most of the minor corrosion ( master cylinders and few bolts ) but said could not remove the fork lower corrosion . Its not awful but a distraction on a 10 grand bike ? Cheers

I can see the corrosion on the lower forks now I’ve zoomed in.

I think I would want something doing about that before I bought it. Like you say it’s a £10 grand bike from a main dealer.

I can see the corrosion on the lower forks now I’ve zoomed in.

I think I would want something doing about that before I bought it. Like you say it’s a £10 grand bike from a main dealer.

Thanks yes agreed . I asked and they said they all go like that . I think new lower sliders are the fix otherwise it will take away from the enjoyment . Never had it on my previous Road King / Glide or FB . Will see Thanks again

I'm coming round to that . It is just like the one I had new in 2001 . It rides like new and feels right . I know they are not meant to be fast . It also has the look of your original , which I really like

Who told you they weren’t meant to be fast? You’ll regret getting the 88 over the 96.....

Buy a softail slim...so much cooler......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283919637615

That’s nice , highish milage and looks used as intended , not averse to that. Seems too cheap or do you think the wear and tear reflects that ? The 96 has sold , he who dithers etc. Or should I look for a well used one for less . Jeeeeez it’s not easy,

You are normally very clear about bikes. If you are still asking questions it might not be the right one. Get a Himalayan..!

That’s nice , highish milage and looks used as intended , not averse to that. Seems too cheap or do you think the wear and tear reflects that ? The 96 has sold , he who dithers etc. Or should I look for a well used one for less . Jeeeeez it’s not easy,

Unless it is a work or commuter bike, always buy a bike with the heart and don't over think it.:nenau

Bought the 1450 . Love it love it love it .It ain’t fast but it rides so nice , better than the 1584 , it will take a month to process as it needs paint and rusty bolts replaced but I am very happy

Back
Top Bottom