2018 Husky FE 250 Cam Chain Tensioner

Stevie4scoops

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please could someone who's familiar with these bikes and their cam chain tensioners advise of a decent replacement.

I've just bought a 2017 Husky FE 250 which was sold with an adverse engine noise.

After getting it home, listening to it run and researching the issue online, it seems it's a common fault and even aftermarket replacements fail very quickly hence asking for advice on a decent replacement.

Thanks for your help with this.

I have used Dirt Tricks ones in the past, are you sure the engine noise isn’t something more sinister?

I have used Dirt Tricks ones in the past, are you sure the engine noise isn’t something more sinister?

Thanks. Comparing it to UTube videos of engines with a similar noise I think this is the issue.

I will replace it and see if the noise disappears. Fingers crossed.

Hope the bike was cheap then

It was thanks.

Additionally, I quite like playing with mechanical things, do all my own servicing & much more so worth taking a punt on it.

It's for my boys to ride off-road so I didn't want to spend a fortune but wanted something light, fun and punchy.

Great bikes, I have a 350 which is fabulous.

Midwest racing are a good source of parts and very helpful, but engine bits are same as KTM so easy to get hold of.

Michelin Trackers are good cheap tyres that grip well and last well ;-)

Have you posted the question on cafehusky.com? Answers sometimes take a while, but it's a good knowledge base.

Husky Sport are always helpful for parts as well.

Thanks for your comments on this. Sadly the engine is buggered but hopefully not for long.

It seized so I removed and stripped it and can only think this was caused by oil pump failure.

I would be happy to rebuild it myself but am concerned I will miss what caused it to fail so have taken it to someone who rebuilds them often.

My sons are looking forward to getting it running again ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom