Basecamp not routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becksy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Again,
Installed maps 2021.1 the other day, you may have seen my previous post.
Now when I try to create a route it doesn't work and I just get a straight line between start and end points. No matter what I do I cannot get it to route. Any ideas? (It's for reasons such as this I haven't updated my maps in 3 years!)

Sounds like you just have ‘basic map’

You need to (after updating the mapping on the Zumo/Nav) - install the maps to the PC too. (In Garmin Express). There is an option for that.

Keep the Zumo/Nav connected to the PC all the time.

That has happened to me in the past after an update. The only solution I could come up with was to delete the whole of Basecamp and reinstall it. As I recall that solved the problem and it hasn't reoccurred

I've got detailed maps installed - City Navigator Europe NTU 2021.1 (I have just updated from 2018.3). Maps definitely installed on my computer.

That has happened to me in the past after an update. The only solution I could come up with was to delete the whole of Basecamp and reinstall it. As I recall that solved the problem and it hasn't reoccurred

I am sure I remember seeing a post on this recently. Why did I not listen to my head. I have not updated maps for 3 years for fear of such problems!
Bizarrely, if I switch back to my old maps (2018.3), it immediately routes properly on hitting the recycle icon in the route dialogue box. What that now means is that I will be using different versions of the maps on Basecamp and my device. (Unless I delete all maps from my Mac and plug in my Nav each time I want to plan a route, but then that is slow). Jesus H, Garmin do not like to make things easy.

I am sure I remember seeing a post on this recently. Why did I not listen to my head. I have not updated maps for 3 years for fear of such problems!
Bizarrely, if I switch back to my old maps (2018.3), it immediately routes properly on hitting the recycle icon in the route dialogue box. What that now means is that I will be using different versions of the maps on Basecamp and my device. (Unless I delete all maps from my Mac and plug in my Nav each time I want to plan a route, but then that is slow). Jesus H, Garmin do not like to make things easy.

I seem to recall something similar a few weeks back with someone and the problem ended up being that the new maps were (in error) not unlocked by Garmin - perhaps worth checking.

Hi

I have updated to 2021.1 and thankfully do not have the problem unlike when I updated to one of the 2020 ones before. I will do a new route and double check

Graham

Hi

I have updated to 2021.1 and thankfully do not have the problem unlike when I updated to one of the 2020 ones before. I will do a new route and double check

Graham

Thanks. I have done a further test. Shaped my route in old version maps (2018.3), route calculates fine. Switched to new maps (2021.1) and refreshed the route and it reverts to straight lines between the shaping points. Switch back to 2018.3 maps, refresh and the route calculates fine.

It sounds like your latest maps are not unlocked correctly. When you installed them to your computer did you have the navigator connected? I assume you have lifetime map updates with the device?

Ian

Hi Ian. I downloaded them separately. When I updated my Nav, I didn’t tick the save to computer option, and then downloaded again to computer later. Maybe that’s the reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do a map reinstall to your computer. Mine didn’t unlock the first time with exactly the symptoms you are getting.. Good news is that it should zoom through the download bit......

The only logical reason is that the updated maps are, for some reason or other, not functioning on your PC. Probably they are either not installed properly or they are not unlocked. Reinstall and ensure they are unlocked.

Report back as and when.

I have uninstalled the new maps from my computer. Plugging in my Nav which has the latest maps, and refreshing the route on basecamp using the Nav based maps results in the same problem.
Do I need to uninstall from my device as well, and then completely start afresh?

Are you very sure the new maps are unlocked?

A fresh installation (do the device and PC at the same time) should overwrite whatever is there. Then just check that the maps are installed properly and unlocked. All should then be OK.

The theory seems to be that the maps aren't unlocked, so will try again.

Are you set on direct routing? On Basecamp Mac, it's called Activity, and if you have direct routing (as opposed to driving, motorcycling etc.) basecamp will just give a straight line between the waypoints.

Are you set on direct routing? On Basecamp Mac, it's called Activity, and if you have direct routing (as opposed to driving, motorcycling etc.) basecamp will just give a straight line between the waypoints.

Haven't changed the routing settings, they should be as before, and routing works fine with 2018.3 maps.

Can you open MapManager, and see what maps are installed and the status of each?

Current version "unlocked" have already deleted the new version.
Just connected Garmin Express, getting message "Sorry we are having a problem communicating with our servers". F**k me Garmin make it difficult for their customers to like them.

If you do reinstall, remember to back up or export any routes or tracks you want to keep

Current version "unlocked" have already deleted the new version.
Just connected Garmin Express, getting message "Sorry we are having a problem communicating with our servers". F**k me Garmin make it difficult for their customers to like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom