Motorcycle dash cam recommendations

I’ve just fitted the Global Eagle front and rear cameras, not actually tried the system out yet myself but others in the ROSPA group I’m in have them and recommend them.

Just fitted the Innovv 6 set to my Ducati Rally. Seems straightforward enough and liked the option of powering from the bikes usb as opposed to connecting to battery and on/off trigger voltage. Camera footage seems reasonable.

Another ditto for the Vsys cameras. I have the 1080 front and 720 rear (on the basis that if you need the rear footage you're most likely about to be tailended so 720 shoukd be good enough) Not had any issues at all and got mine from Aliexpress

I'm about to pull the trigger on this camera system as well, primarily for commuting.
I'm consistently taking evasive action against muppets who can't drive or don't know how to use mirrors.
Is the camera footage good enough should the worst happen and I need video proof ?
Any feedback would be really appreciated

I'm also interested in this as they seem to be getting better and cheaper with a growing amount of nutters trying to kill me lately :blast

Some dick in a car earlier this month decided last minute to come off the motorway from lane 3 nearly taking me out in the second lane... i had to brake hard at 70mph in pouring rain and dark. I would have loved to send that footage to the plod.

Just a quickie regarding the VSys system.
Does it not automatically start recording when you start the bike?
i notice it has buttons to mount, a bit ugly... do i need them?

Just a quickie regarding the VSys system.
Does it not automatically start recording when you start the bike?
i notice it has buttons to mount, a bit ugly... do i need them?
The buttons are for you to press if you want to save a recording of an "incident " otherwise it will be written over in the fullness of time.

Decided to stick with the Next Base Ride system...found a second hand unit on fleabay and now all fitted and ready for the better weather.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this camera system as well, primarily for commuting.
I'm consistently taking evasive action against muppets who can't drive or don't know how to use mirrors.
Is the camera footage good enough should the worst happen and I need video proof ?
Any feedback would be really appreciated
Sorry, I've only just seen your reply. Have a look at the footage on Aliexpress, that should give you a good idea what it's like (y)

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£104.99 25%OFF | SYS VSYS Full Body Waterproof Motorcycle Camera Recorder P6FL Q6L WiFi Dual 1080P Full HD Motorcycle DVR Dash Cam Black GPS Box

I bought a Ghost XL in late 2022 and fitted it mid 23 but I have found that the lcd screen at the rear has been letting in water so is now blank. I appreciate that the unit is out of warranty but approached importers who asked for proof of purchase and photos only to then come back and say out of warranty and no possibility of a repair. Won’t touch them again as the camera is certainly not waterproof

Back
Top Bottom