Zumo XT in the rain...

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone used their XT in Heavy rain?
I've experienced some rain so far, but not much, all ok.

A friend of mine went through heavy rain yesterday and his Zumo went crazy (water was "pressing" buttons on the screen) to the point he had to shut it off.

We both did some tests at home and, yes, water will trigger the targets (buttons, etc) on the screen. Just did a quick test under tap water.
Obviously putting the screen under the stream of tap water is a bit extreme, but I'm wondering if anyone else had issues with it in the rain?
Seems to me a massive flaw if that is the case.

I guess I'll discover next week when traveling to Italy? :D

We rode through some torrential rain this week, and both units were absolutely fine. :thumb

My XT did react to heavy rain, but I mean rain so heavy that I had to stop as was unable to see.

No doubt someone will develop a sun screen at some stage that will solve more than one problem....

In more 'normal' rain, there was no issue.

Roger.

Rode through torrential rain last week and no XT Sat Nav problems. Seeing where i was going, that, was another story :eek:

Update: used the XT in heavy rain.
My Zumo is mounted on the bars and pointed up, like a roadbook.

I was expecting some odd behaviour in the rain, but I discovered that it would, pretty often, do this: switch to the main screen and manage to stop the active route.
It did it 5 or 6 times over a day. And when you have a complex route it is a bit of a PITA.

Not sure if I am the only one.

I used mine in heavy rain yesterday, it was fine but it’s mounted on a bar above the clocks so not facing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I admit the positioning is not ideal for rain conditions. It is a capacitative display: it will act up.

My mate’s XT, in same conditions was experiencing phantom taps (zumo positioned above the clocks, dry screen) though. We’re investigating.

My XT gave up the ghost last week and I now shipped it to Garmin for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom