Drift life app

Deleted account 230818001

Reaction score
Apologies if it’s already been covered, but is the app completely shit or am I missing something?

:nenau

Trying to view some video footage from a Ghost XL and rapidly losing my patience.
:mad:

Never tried it from the app, I just plug the camera into the usb on the computer and view that way

Apologies if it’s already been covered, but is the app completely shit or am I missing something?

:nenau

Trying to view some video footage from a Ghost XL and rapidly losing my patience.
:mad:

Well never used the app for video, but fired it up and linked my iPhone to the drift using the wi fi on the camera. Then started viewing videos that I had recorded, took a few minutes for the vids to load into the app, but all worked fine first time. My camera is a drift ghost x, which is basically the same as yours.

It’s me then.

Can review by connecting to a computer but when trying to use the app I only get as far as linking to the camera’s wi-fi.
The app won’t allow me to proceed beyond that stage.

It’s me then.

Can review by connecting to a computer but when trying to use the app I only get as far as linking to the camera’s wi-fi.
The app won’t allow me to proceed beyond that stage.

Can you get into the setup on the app? Mine is actually showing a software update is available as well

Can you get into the setup on the app? Mine is actually showing a software update is available as well

Yes, version 1048 available.

I’ll have to see if I can update the XL via the computer later as still can’t get beyond connecting through the app. Even though the iPhone is linked to the camera wi-fi.

Yes, version 1048 available.

I’ll have to see if I can update the XL via the computer later as still can’t get beyond connecting through the app. Even though the iPhone is linked to the camera wi-fi.

Not sure you can do it via a usb lead. I had to connect wi fi and then plug the camera into the mains or usb power. Then upgrade, but be aware the upgrade resets a lot of the controls, so I had to switch back on - car dvr and time and date stamp and also loop time. Just to try and help, you are switching the camera wi fi on (rear button one press and wait for solid green light), then disconnect your wi fi from your phone and connect to Drift Camera, then open the app and press connect to camera.

Not sure you can do it via a usb lead. I had to connect wi fi and then plug the camera into the mains or usb power. Then upgrade, but be aware the upgrade resets a lot of the controls,

Thanks.

Just to try and help, you are switching the camera wi fi on (rear button one press and wait for solid green light), then disconnect your wi fi from your phone and connect to Drift Camera, then open the app and press connect to camera.

I’ll retry using the Wi-fi button later, but previously ended up selecting wi-fi from the menu instead.

I had successfully connected the phone to the camera wi-fi but already had app open and it didn’t let me proceed beyond the ‘connect to ghost XL wi-fi’ stage.

I’ll try your advice this evening :thumb2

Now solved.

Deleted the app from the iPhone and then reloaded it, once I’d signed in it all worked perfectly (including installing the latest firmware).

:beerjug:

Now solved.

Deleted the app from the iPhone and then reloaded it, once I’d signed in it all worked perfectly (including installing the latest firmware).

Good to see its all sorted. I don't ever seeing the entering the default password bit, that might have been done the very first time I connected. The phone now just remembers the device :)

Now solved.

Good to see its all sorted. I don't ever remember seeing the entering the default password bit, that might have been done the very first time I connected. The phone now just remembers the device :)

I was having exactly the same issue as Deleted Account 230818001 and followed their recommended steps but unfortunately that did not resolve my issue.

What did resolve it however, was this;
  1. Press the on button (front)
  2. Press the WiFi button (back) until you reach the blue settings screen
  3. Press the scroll button (middle) until you reach ‘Reset Settings’
  4. Press the back button to enter that screen
  5. Press the middle button to select ‘Yes’
  6. Press the back button to select. You will see ‘Success’
  7. Press the front button to exit settings
  8. Press the back button to turn on WiFi
Now try connecting your phone.

Back
Top Bottom