NC500 concerns.

These are the very same fuckers that have now taken to places like Glen Etive and are doing the exact same, went down these the other week and it was like a T in the Park campsite, cnuts the lot of them.

This guy, towing the small car behind his three axle motorhome, was doing the NC500 :blast

i-WHbPJmV-L.jpg

Photo taken on Islay ...

No wonder they've tightened up on the 'free camping' around Loch Lomond ...

I was at Bein Glass campsite on the A82 north of Loch Lomond, next to the Drovers Inn, a couple of years ago. Lovely place, except I made the mistake of it being a weekend :blast

Glaswegians .... fuck me, I thought Scousers were bad ....

A car and caravan pulled up and swung round, didn't even bother to uncouple and set up, their pals in another car ... the feckin'noise, music, all night through. I went out to tell them a couple of times, a German couple on the other side too ...

... 4am I was able to drift off to sleep, but they were still 'at it' ... :blast

Feckin' Glaswegians ...

9am and they're snoring their little heads off, but I'm ready for off and away .... but not before aligning my Camper alongside, full right lock, and dropped the clutch. I pebble dashed their caravan with stones, gravel and whatever ... wankers.

There's more than one way to skin a cat :D

:beerjug:

Bastards like you, coming up here drinking us out of house and home....:D

I've only just today got rid of Barney...

It seems things are coming to a head with the locals and the tourists and it causing a fair bit of rift between them.

The BnB I stayed at said they are also concerned by the massive influx over the years, despite them benefiting from it. Amongst things is the total lack of funding going back in to the area from the local council (Highland) and campers/campervaners generally parking everywhere/anywhere and leaving a mess when they're gone.

Having just got back this afternoon I'd say it's the quietest I've known it for 10 years for obvious reason but things will come to a head sooner or later. Various suggestions about a tourist tax, ANPR cameras, toll roads etc have all been mentioned and there is also a FB page for the locals where they are posting their bad experiencing from visitors.

Unless the Highland council do something the bubble up there is going to burst.
C) impi, x dc dd

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I've nae idea why that posted up? Must have been open when I put my phone in my pocket

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well I’ll be heading up to my two favourite places in the highlands later this year in my 9m tag axle motorhome. :D I have 2 toilet cassettes and only ever empty them in approved places. I never ever leave ANY rubbish anywhere. On single track roads I always pull out the way as often as possible to let any traffic past. I’m in no rush so getting out the way every 5 mins is no big deal. One of the sites I stay at you have to pay at the local shop so I do all my shopping there too. If there’s a cafe about I usually eat there to save myself the hassle and also give a little to local businesses. The biggest difference when I go is that I ALWAYS go out of the holiday season and when the schools are in. It makes things a lot quieter for me which is what I’m after. Tranquility. I have the first two and a half weeks off in October so should be good. If this COVID bollocks hadn’t hit us all I had planned to start the hunt for my retirement cottage / building plot up there.

This guy, towing the small car behind his three axle motorhome, was doing the NC500 :blast

i-WHbPJmV-L.jpg

Photo taken on Islay ...

Yeah, and? :nenau What’s wrong with that set up then? Apart from the choice of tow car all looks good to me. :thumb2

Yeah, and? :nenau What’s wrong with that set up then? Apart from the choice of tow car all looks good to me. :thumb2

Nowt wrong with the outfit, but he won't get in to a lot of the passing places :D

i-WHbPJmV-L.jpg

Photo taken on Islay ...

I’d love one of those! But - would limit it to places not far off the A9, or travel late night/early mornings.

Mainly - to use in France and Spain with bike trailer - but still stick to major routes (huv ye seen my reversin’????)

Nowt wrong with the outfit, but he won't get in to a lot of the passing places :D

Then some people will have to just chill out, slow down and wait a little while. :thumb2
Some dickheads need to learn to have a bit of patience and not try to go everywhere at 90mph!

Then some people will have to just chill out, slow down and wait a little while. :thumb2
Some dickheads need to learn to have a bit of patience and not try to go everywhere at 90mph!

I'd guess you're going to get that when you're promoting a 'motoring' destination.

Driving the van is different, the journey in the van is part of the trip, the car to me is just the way of getting somewhere to relax, and the bike is probably a combination of both, in the van if the traffic is shit you can turn off, have a cuppa and relax/refresh for a while and carry on, in the car motorway service areas don't give you that.
We are away for the first time in the new van this weekend, as it’s lower, narrower, lighter, more powerful and drives more like a car I might feel different, I hope not.

Al.

I’d love one of those! But - would limit it to places not far off the A9, or travel late night/early mornings.

Mainly - to use in France and Spain with bike trailer - but still stick to major routes (huv ye seen my reversin’????)

I couldn’t see my trailer in my old van and have to confess, if I had to reverse I would unhook trailer, turn round, connect up and drive away with my head down in shame!!

Al.

Yeah .... OK :D

It'll be a great situation when he meets 30+ TVR or Lotus 7 one make car clubs 'days out' coming in the opposite direction, all nose to tail :D

You are aware there are signs telling you to pull in and allow other vehicles past I assume ? Even if you aren't it's just common courtesy.

Yeah .... OK :D

It'll be a great situation when he meets 30+ TVR or Lotus 7 one make car clubs 'days out' coming in the opposite direction, all nose to tail :D
I came across an Italian Ferrari outing couple of years ago, and they were most definitely making due progress, most were 60/70's models;

Cars not drivers !

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I couldn’t see my trailer in my old van and have to confess, if I had to reverse I would unhook trailer, turn round, connect up and drive away with my head down in shame!!

Al.
Get two magnetic pick up tools, attach a cane or dowel too it, paint top garish neon colour (or a piece of cloth) so you can see it in your rearview mirror.

If the poles are in alignment (on the trailer), you can then judge the route the trailer is following.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom