Garmin Montana 700

Did you get the powered bike mount? I have to turn my unit on/off manually even though it's connected to the battery, not sure why that is the case but it's easy enough to do.

Home>setup>system>advanced set up>external power on/turn on

You can also choose what happens when external power is removed, either stay on, turn off or prompted, which is another great feature, leave it on "stays on" and it doesn't turn off when you are opening a gate or getting petrol

Home>setup>system>advanced set up>external power on/turn on

You can also choose what happens when external power is removed, either stay on, turn off or prompted, which is another great feature, leave it on "stays on" and it doesn't turn off when you are opening a gate or getting petrol

Much appreciated thanks, I’ll have a look at that this evening. :thumb

The postcode question is more complicated than I thought.

A 6 digit postcode can entered, in a slightly convoluted way:

where to>addresses>search area>enter city/postal code>enter post code.

The post code is found, but you still need to enter a house number - any number seems to work. Trying to enter street fails. Also, if the GB Topo Pro maps are installed, even if they are not enabled, only a 4 digit search works.

The postcode question is more complicated than I thought.

A 6 digit postcode can entered, in a slightly convoluted way:

where to>addresses>search area>enter city/postal code>enter post code.

The post code is found, but you still need to enter a house number - any number seems to work. Trying to enter street fails. Also, if the GB Topo Pro maps are installed, even if they are not enabled, only a 4 digit search works.

It doesn't work on my 700i, details here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...st-code-search-problems?p=6357655#post6357655

Back
Top Bottom