Arkright's Funeral 26th August

tuftywhite

getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been asked to post up the arrangements for Duncan's final journey.

The funeral is to be held at Grantham Crematorium at 13.30 Wednesday 26th August.

For those wanting to ride to the crematorium behind the hearse, we shall be meeting in Church Street, Long Bennington at 12.30. ///splint.installs.redeemed

Only 20 are permitted in the building, so most of us will be waiting in the car park.

Derek, Lorraine plus others, have discussed arranging a ride to somewhere afterwards to celebrate Duncan's life, possibly, The Staunton Arms, Scarcliffe or somewhere else suitable.

If you have any questions or feel I have missed something, please let me know.

Grantham Crematorium:-

Harrowby Road
Grantham
Lincolnshire
NG31 9DT

Thanks for the update Tufty.

In the diary.

Update on info re Duncan's (Arkwright) funeral.
We can now confirm 26th August at 1.30p.m. at
Grantham Crematorium
Harrowby Road
Grantham
NG31 9DT

It was Duncan's wish for his biker mates to follow him on his final journey. With this in mind Jill (his partner) has asked that we all meet up near their home at 12.30p.m.
Church Street (near the end of Bramble Close)
Long Bennington
Newark
Notts
NG23 5GF

It has been arranged for Duncan's old airheads to lead the group and the rest of us to follow. Upon reaching the Crematorium due to Covid-19 restrictions all but invited guests are to remain in the carpark until after the service, at which point family and invited guests are to return to Long Bennington.
On Jill's behalf Derek has organised a ride-out to Scarcliffe where Duncan spent many a Tuesday night over the last 24yrs or so, for a farewell drink and light refreshments.
Elmtree Inn
Station Road
Scarcliffe
Chesterfield
S44 6TG

For those who cant make the service but would like to join us at Scarcliffe we should be arriving at approx 4p.m.

Those of you who can join us on this final journey to celebrate Duncan's life could you please give us an indication as David the Landlord would appreciate an idea of numbers re refreshments.
Many thanks.
Derek and Lorraine

ill be there Derek/Tuffty thanks for the updates

Very sad to say that we cannot make Duncan’s send off.
He always had time for Amanda and myself and was such a genuine, intelligent and kind man.
We shall raise a glass on the 26th.
RIP Duncan.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be there for the funeral but unfortunately can't make the ride out after.

Derek, Tuffty ~ just a thought, if a family member (or anybody else for that matter) wanted to ride with the bikes I can come on the GS outfit and take them in that.

Andres

To use the football chant, "there's only one 'f' in Tufty"

Andres, thanks for the kind offer. I've asked my wife, who I'm sure will decline your offer. Someone else may well take you up on it as it's a sterling idea.

Edit: Blimey, it's not been dismissed. There's an ongoing discussion. :eek

Edit 2: Discussion over. As you were.

I won't be able to see Duncan off either - work and distance.

I'll have a nice glass o whiskey in his memory though.

Back
Top Bottom