Glodwing-finally got it.

Hmm ............... wise ??.....................

Deposit paid on a Blue DCT Tour (2019 registered - with double digits of miles covered ........................... that would be less than 100 !!!)

Fly to Londinium on Sat morning , sit on buses and trains , and ride home via Scotland !![/QUOT

Well done . I’m in Dumfries at the mo on mine.

Tranquillity Base Here.... The Eagle Has Landed....

Mine delivered this morning......2020 Pearl Hawkseye Blue DCT Tour... it truly is the dogs danglies.... many apologies for being in gloaty mode:beerjug:

Attachments

• 20201002_134404 (Medium).jpg
    20201002_134404 (Medium).jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 381
  • 20201002_134427.jpg
    20201002_134427.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 401
Glad to hear you are on the mend Derek. Nothing like a new bike to give recovery some focus too. I'm thinking about a GL18 Tour DCT for next season myself.

BTW, I searched for knee high leather cruiser boots, but I don't think stilettos would suit you.

Yes I had some come from Germany 48 FIT but not wide fit so its back to th Daytona's GTX like what iv just chucked in bin....

Not ridded the future DCT yet all ceramic coated up just awaiting me leg.............Its like having a toffee with wrapper on LOL

Attachments

• BC482F08-7711-4DCA-9996-D359C0CC5FA9.jpg
    BC482F08-7711-4DCA-9996-D359C0CC5FA9.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 49EC07E5-1EFD-4F4D-BFF3-88EC9BBD13DB.jpg
    49EC07E5-1EFD-4F4D-BFF3-88EC9BBD13DB.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 354
  • E7D69999-9DFC-407B-86CC-93D6D63E2EA9.jpg
    E7D69999-9DFC-407B-86CC-93D6D63E2EA9.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 46310FD7-46FB-4A32-8C64-155F1594B196_1_201_a.jpg
    46310FD7-46FB-4A32-8C64-155F1594B196_1_201_a.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 379
Looks Great are you keeping Olive?

Yes indeed.. Olive is for solo adventures... Spent quite a bit of money on her getting her ready for a big USA tour which got covid curtailed:blast. Invested in Tractive suspension, Full Remus System ect...so she's a keeper. However, SWMBO is finding the GSA a bit a chore to get her leg over (oh eh ...so to speak). Goldwing is for 2-up touring which we both enjoy....already booked a Pyrenees tour for May 2021. Love the look of the Matt black bagger. :thumb2

Yes indeed.. Olive is for solo adventures... Spent quite a bit of money on her getting her ready for a big USA tour which got covid curtailed:blast. Invested in Tractive suspension, Full Remus System ect...so she's a keeper. However, SWMBO is finding the GSA a bit a chore to get her leg over (oh eh ...so to speak). Goldwing is for 2-up touring which we both enjoy....already booked a Pyrenees tour for May 2021. Love the look of the Matt black bagger. :thumb2

Olive sounds well spiced well done ive enjoyed all my 11 GS GSA'S inc Tracey my last 1250 Rallye but now its a bit low down time for me after my M8 rear ended me and put my spikes foot peg in my leg! But Im mending looks good now amazing what 2 ops and asking graft do.

Attachments

• 86A84F11-A236-4462-AE54-58176A0B6A3F.jpg
    86A84F11-A236-4462-AE54-58176A0B6A3F.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 374
  • FD8CB7C1-EA90-42EE-9E48-C366EF5B832E.jpg
    FD8CB7C1-EA90-42EE-9E48-C366EF5B832E.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 362
Have you been out on it yet Derek, just got back from Scotland on mine. Its now done3600 miles. Love it.

Have you been out on it yet Derek, just got back from Scotland on mine. Its now done3600 miles. Love it.

Hi Steve no as I say it’s like having a toffee with a wrapper on. Just working on my leg and weeping upper thigh wound. Hoping before eom.
I’m tarring you go buy Judy not fit.

Hmm ............... wise ??.....................

Deposit paid on a Blue DCT Tour (2019 registered - with double digits of miles covered ........................... that would be less than 100 !!!)

Fly to Londinium on Sat morning , sit on buses and trains , and ride home via Scotland !!

Ye Gods ... what a few days !!
In summary - after poor response / reaction / communication with the dealer (south) - pulled the plug on the above purchase (deposit refund in progress - no bad feelings ?) , but 2 hours later had found another similar (better ?) deal - paid deposit , rebooked transport etc etc
Sat Morning , same flight to London - but headed North instead of South !!
All paperwork done (bear in mind I still have not even SAT on this thing) , suited up , ready to head out into the rain - asked for a quick run through controls / buttons etc .. fine ............... Start it up

about 7 secs later , I ask ............... "What's that odd rattle from the RHS of the engine ???" My wife with ear plugs in could hear it , but for about 60 secs only I was concerned.
Oh ............... agh ................ hmmm ............................

2 hrs later , I'm on my way back to organise a return flight
3 days later , noise has been got rid of , by adjusting valve clearances ... and I have a big long debate going on , on the USA based ?? GL1800 forum

WTF ??? ............... anyways , any of you guys got a rattle on the Right after start up or anything ? (Left hand side was like mouse chewing paper)

To be continued (Bike is still mine (I think) - although I do see it still on Web , with less than 900 miles on it !) .... at least, they still have my £ , so I guess it's mine IF I want to take it !

In summary - after poor response / reaction / communication with the dealer (south) - pulled the plug on the above purchase (deposit refund in progress - no bad feelings ?) , but 2 hours later had found another similar (better ?) deal - paid deposit , rebooked transport etc etc
All paperwork done (bear in mind I still have not even SAT on this thing) , suited up , ready to head out into the rain - asked for a quick run through controls / buttons etc .. fine ............... Start it up

about 7 secs later , I ask ............... "What's that odd rattle from the RHS of the engine ???" My wife with ear plugs in could hear it , but for about 60 secs only I was concerned.

3 days later , noise has been got rid of , by adjusting valve clearances ... and I have a big long debate going on , on the USA based ?? GL1800 forum

WTF ??? ............... anyways , any of you guys got a rattle on the Right after start up or anything ? (Left hand side was like mouse chewing paper)

To be continued (Bike is still mine (I think) - although I do see it still on Web , with less than 900 miles on it !) .... at least, they still have my £ , so I guess it's mine IF I want to take it !

Mine is silky smooth at all times with no rattles. It may be time to ring Andy at MKS again, no harm in trying.

Sounds more like a dry cam chain tensioner issue to me. Valve clearances sub 900 miles makes absolutely no sense, indeed complete BS.

Presumably we are talking HGB at Ruislip now, rather than Dobles? Seems the target bike is ultra low mileage - was it a demo bike or has it simply been standing around unused for months; what is the story.

@Cortina ........ If we are indeed at HGB, then it will be LR69VTF ? Looks nice.

They also have LJ19LYD - a similar blue bike with a few nice extras, but 6 months older. This was at Dobles for months, overpriced at c.£27k, showing 555 miles - now at HGB it seems at 10k miles which seems strange.

Tranquillity Base Here.... The Eagle Has Landed....

Mine delivered this morning......2020 Pearl Hawkseye Blue DCT Tour... it truly is the dogs danglies.... many apologies for being in gloaty mode:beerjug:

It’s true then, they really do give a magic carpet ride then :D

Yes I had some come from Germany 48 FIT but not wide fit so its back to th Daytona's GTX like what iv just chucked in bin....

Not ridded the future DCT yet all ceramic coated up just awaiting me leg.............Its like having a toffee with wrapper on LOL

I saw that black and red scheme at the NEC and it looks bloody fab. Enjoy it , when you finally can !!

It's neither - stop guessing please

I sort of have to believe what I am getting told (I got chucked out of the workshop twice for nosing too much) - he did find excessive clearances on exhaust valves , assumed that was issue - stuck back together and noise was just the same ............ I left the building soon after.
A day later - after I had made some suggestions helped by folks in USA , they came back to say inlets were all on the upper limit and had been shimmed back to spot on . Rebuilt and noise gone away. I basically think that's manure - valves in tolerance to valves more in tolerance , and sound goes away (I ain't buying that one really). It's possible he checked exh valves either when they were too warm , or they were checked in the wrong place (this IS possible with the rocker arm system) , or ?????

I have asked them to do some runs on it over a couple of days ... then review (I will ask for recheck of clearances , as I would have a concern that some could be too tight now !) - then I have to decide what to do. Not a great situation to be in.

PS , I think the bike is ex Honda (demo / staff bike / ??) no tax book seen , as not there yet

Find all the journo road tests and check the number plate... may have been a press bike

It's neither - stop guessing please

I sort of have to believe what I am getting told (I got chucked out of the workshop twice for nosing too much) - he did find excessive clearances on exhaust valves , assumed that was issue - stuck back together and noise was just the same ............ I left the building soon after.
A day later - after I had made some suggestions helped by folks in USA , they came back to say inlets were all on the upper limit and had been shimmed back to spot on . Rebuilt and noise gone away. I basically think that's manure - valves in tolerance to valves more in tolerance , and sound goes away (I ain't buying that one really). It's possible he checked exh valves either when they were too warm , or they were checked in the wrong place (this IS possible with the rocker arm system) , or ?????

I have asked them to do some runs on it over a couple of days ... then review (I will ask for recheck of clearances , as I would have a concern that some could be too tight now !) - then I have to decide what to do. Not a great situation to be in.

PS , I think the bike is ex Honda (demo / staff bike / ??) no tax book seen , as not there yet

Find all the journo road tests and check the number plate... may have been a press bike

Not even going to bother checking - can't see why anyone would be testing what is essentially a 2018 model after June of 2020. and so what if they were ? They should be well fit for a bit of a rake .... anyways ?

Not even going to bother checking - can't see why anyone would be testing what is essentially a 2018 model after June of 2020. and so what if they were ? They should be well fit for a bit of a rake .... anyways ?

Your responses are becoming ever more strange. Several of us are throwing out what I view as helpful comments, yet you seem to reject sternly our 2 pennyworth in favour of relying on info from a forum in the US.

Why is your deal so secretive - no one here intends to rain on your parade.

There are plenty of Goldwings around at present & dealers will have to pre-reg all Euro 4 inventory by 31/12/2020. Surely best to walk away if you are entertaining any doubts.

Back
Top Bottom