Indie Service required

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a good indie bmw tech in the edinburgh, West Lothian, south fife area for a service and mot on my S1000XR

Jim

I can highly recommend Alba Motorcycles however he is in Motherwell. Documents all his work and puts it on Facebook, very high standards of work. I don't know of any indie bike mechanics that see a lot of BMW's around our way

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Many thanks guys. I ended up doing oil change myself and happily that was all that THIS service required. Now though the service light is on and it seems indeed a 911 tool to switch it off!

Anyone got one in central belt to help me please. Happy to cover time and effort.

Jim

I see that Calum Baker from Motorrad Central has started up his own motorcycle repair and custom business in Roslin (out towards Edinburgh Ikea for those who dont know the area). Google CentralCustoms.co.uk and you'll find him.

He is a good technician and had been doing some custom work on the side for Motorrad. I'm likely to give him a shout the next time my R1100S or R80RT need work as he's good with the old stuff as well the current BMWs.

Many thanks guys. I ended up doing oil change myself and happily that was all that THIS service required. Now though the service light is on and it seems indeed a 911 tool to switch it off!

Anyone got one in central belt to help me please. Happy to cover time and effort.

Jim
Bridge of Allan for a 911 any use Jim?

I see that Calum Baker from Motorrad Central has started up his own motorcycle repair and custom business in Roslin (out towards Edinburgh Ikea for those who dont know the area). Google CentralCustoms.co.uk and you'll find him.

He is a good technician and had been doing some custom work on the side for Motorrad. I'm likely to give him a shout the next time my R1100S or R80RT need work as he's good with the old stuff as well the current BMWs.

Calum was the best guy at Dalkeith Motorrad!

All the good friendly guys have left now.

Hi Jim,
I have a reset tool for BMW "Duonix Bike-Scan 100 Pro Plus" works for my GS and your bike is listed so would be glad to help. Based in Airdrie

Have switched to using Calum at Central Customs instead of Motorrad in Dalkeith. Latter are no longer interested in working on older bikes just the shiny new stuff and standard servicing.

Jim

Leave it on - to remind you how much you’re saving :)

My service spanner has been on for years.

ps - I get my MOTs and tyres changed in Bo’ness and he services a wide range of bikes.

Attachments

• 43BD4CFF-4E39-4602-9335-4AA7D69A14A9.jpg
    43BD4CFF-4E39-4602-9335-4AA7D69A14A9.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 86

Back
Top Bottom