Triumph 650 twin

Great looking bike. I had one just like it. As i recall the primary chain was a bit of a weakness, as well as keeping oil in there!

It runs, thanks to Cosmo Motorcycles and SRM. Still lots to do but at least it now is running sweetly. Took a vid of it running on my I Phone but can't upload a MOV file? Couple of snaps though. Thanks to all for comments and advice to get me this far. A bit of wiring, brakes, seat mounts and some new tyres and I'll be able to wobble to the pub on it...despite the oil leaks.....

Attachments

• cosmo.jpg
    cosmo.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 233
  • cosmo2.jpg
    cosmo2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 239
  • cosmo3.jpg
    cosmo3.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 236
Well it's rolled out of the shed and is ready to ride (I guess never finished as there will always be little upgrades mods etc). I am biased but I think it looks fine - I was never going to have clip ons and an arse up seat so I like my less radical bars and seat set up.

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3737.jpg
    IMG_3737.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 198
That's looking good - Hope you can suss how to upload a video, I would love to hear it.

AND...Whip that label off the front tyre before you ride it too far....:)

That's looking good - Hope you can suss how to upload a video, I would love to hear it.

AND...Whip that label off the front tyre before you ride it too far....:)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly what he says :D

:beerjug:

That does look good. I think I’d have narrower flatter bars on it though, but I don’t have to ride it.

That looks sweet. I hope you get the vid uploaded sometime. ;)
I bought a basket case Triton with a T Bird engine, twin carb and plug head, back in the early 80’s for £300, rebuilt it and foolishly sold it for £600. :blast:blast
Like you say though, they are never “finished”, constant work needed to keep em sweet. Fun, but not for the easily deterred. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom