Advice - East Devon where’s is nice.

Avoid Lyme Regis at the moment. It's rammed to the gills.

There are loads of good roads to ride in East Devon/West Dorset. Towns are towns, so worth avoiding where possible.

West Bay, where I live, is very bike friendly. Loads of bike parking, a branch of Helmet City if you need any kit and crab sandwiches at Rachel's on the harbour. Lovely!

We’re headed to Rachel’s for lunch today. :thumb

Depending upon how 'old' your 10yr old is you could even contemplate a visit to Crealy Adventure Park which is about 6 miles East of J30 M5; I went recently with my 4yo Grandson and there was enough to amuse and the place full of kids of all ages.

Crealy has changed a bit, we lived in the farmhouse there in 1984 when I was at Agric College

Creely is great fun for kids but, there is a height restriction on the long slide. I took my Grandson and his friend who both needed an accompanying adult. I was knackered at the end of the day because I had to walk (run) to the top each time one of them wanted to ride it. Buying them ice creams was the only way I could take a rest :). You wouldn't have that problem with a 12 year old though. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom