New flat pack stove/bbq launching shortly...

Jumpjim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A colleague from work has recently designed a very nifty flatpack stove/bbq that would be perfect for bike camping.

It will comfortably fit into a pannier, packs down completely flat, can take trangia burners, gas ( I believe), or be used like a traditional bbq with briquettes, wood etc.

He is launching imminently and has agreed to a group buy on here for you guys if interested.. It is a production, and much improved version of his original prototype you can see HERE.

I will post on this thread as soon as it has launched with pricing and a video of the production stove but it looks very tidy..

Just watched the earlier video, very clever idea, I will be interested in one when they become available.

good idea, very similar to one i have had for 3 years... same as
eBay item number:273893209596

mine is mild steel so quite heavy... but no problems, OH has own bike

may be interested dependant on weight/price

Nice but, could you post up full measurements, total weight and if stainless steel version being made please? ta
p.s where is the ash collector tray?? did someone forget this rather important bit? can't see it on the video.

This one does not let the ash fall through as the two sides meet up which is kinda important for 'leave no trace'.
More models here

I thought I'd seen something similar before... Having watched the video, and a quick look at the ebay and the links from Yarkto, it does seem to me that the one in the original post is quite a bit smaller, so more suited to 1 or 2 people on a motorcycle camping trip? I probably wouldn't bother myself as I can't stand smoke.. It upsets my asthma too easily.

Okay.. Weight is 900g.

I asked about the ash pan and Rich said..

” Thought long and hard about that. Very heavy.
When I did the test in very light winds, there was no debris on the foul tray as it just wisps away. The collector plate retains all big pieces and I just emptied it into the bin when cool.
There’s no ground scorching and, as with any stove, you should put on a suitable surface.
The weight penalty outweighed the benefit.”

You can run this on trangia burners, gas burners or as a BBQ.

Shop will be open Wednesday and I’ll sort out the group discount for you dependent on interest and sales numbers.

Pics below...

Attachments

• 4AA7F4A6-C497-4158-8BAB-BCFB2AC9DC8B.jpg
    4AA7F4A6-C497-4158-8BAB-BCFB2AC9DC8B.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 406
  • F45CB66C-E3F5-4353-9391-0F8133F5AFE8.jpg
    F45CB66C-E3F5-4353-9391-0F8133F5AFE8.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 415
  • 967066CC-10B0-467E-B79B-F0A258179420.jpg
    967066CC-10B0-467E-B79B-F0A258179420.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 385
  • 41BB764D-8A23-42CC-A780-830933E9CCD2.jpg
    41BB764D-8A23-42CC-A780-830933E9CCD2.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 389
Tks Jumpjim
other Q.
You say can use trangia burners- which series 25, 27 or 28? and how would you connect the two gas lines to feed off one canister?
:duck: thank you

As far as I know the burners, both meths and gas, are all a standard size. It's just the pot diameter that varies. The meths ones would be ideal for bike touring as a fuel bottle of meths will go a long way for cooking and is fairly easy to buy.

You would need two individual gas canisters if you want to use two gas burners. I don't think there's a single canister to two burner adapter available at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 15.24.12.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 15.24.12.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 15.25.38.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 15.25.38.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 373
Actually just found this online so it's definitely possible to run two burners off one canister..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 10.06.52.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 10.06.52.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 321
I have the very same adapter and it works perfectly.

Able to do a fry up and boil the water for the coffee at the same time.

Tks Jumpjim- & bgregor
lets hope it fits onto a Primus / Coleman C500 type threaded Lindal valved cartridge.

Because I’m the kind of person to get sucked in by all different types of stove I’m in as long as the price is right. I wouldn’t use a wood burner because of trying to keep it clean and relatively soot free but using either Trangia type or alcohol gel burners it’d be a good idea and far easier to make a brew plus cook food at the same time.

Another advantage would be that it looks very stable and far better than a petrol stove for boiling water inside a tent :okay

Actually just found this online so it's definitely possible to run two burners off one canister..

and for those looking for this 1-into-2 adapter which I have just ordered (and other adapters like the ones which go on blue French cannisters) you can find them here
Steve is having a few issues with his site so any problems use the contact link to email him-

Quick message from Rich (The guy making them...):

Hello folks, thanks for your interest in the stove. We are just putting the final touches onto the launch YouTube video and the online shop. We anticipate being able to take orders this eve (Wednesday 19th) or first thing tomorrow.
Just finalising the postage arrangements.
All the best
Richard.

I'll post the link as soon as I have it.

The website and online shop has just gone live at www.richardoutdoors.com.

He is maxed out with orders and has sold virtually his entire first production run. On that basis he can’t offer discounts at the moment but we can revisit that at some point in the near future.

Rich is a one man band launching into the big wide world with his first product so be gentle!

I appreciate he's one-man band with hand-built product but £60 is a bit too much for this for me I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom