New flat pack stove/bbq launching shortly...

I appreciate he's one-man band with hand-built product but £60 is a bit too much for this for me I'm afraid.

I was expecting over £100 to be honest!
Not everything has to be knocked up by kids in China for thruppence!

I think £59.99 is an absolute steal for a bespoke item presented in a nice canvas bag - The price won't stay that low for long, I'm sure!

To be fair I've now looked up how much stainless costs and this does seem to be pretty good value.

I don't think its bad value. Just not really necessary. If you're going the trangia route/there's no need to BBQ..you already have a heavy load to carry to cook on and gas etc to carry. Plus you probably already have a jetboil, or other rapid stove like an MSR etc.. If going the BBQ route, are you going to carry this just for a brew? If you're going to BBQ, you could just make it on the ground/brick/sand? I wouldn't buy one, not because its expensive, more because I pron wouldn't use it. It does look good though

I’ll have a think about it. On the face of it £60 isn’t a massive amount and there’s never going to be a massive run which would reduce the cost but it’s a lot for something that doesn’t include the burners. You can buy cheap spirit burners for about a fiver and if he had 2 holes laser cut then included the burners at £70 for the whole package it’d look better value.

That’s meant to be a constructive comment by the way rather than a criticism.

That’s meant to be a constructive comment by the way rather than a criticism.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect something that can be lit straight out the box. :beerjug:

So Rich has sourced OEM Trangia burners to retail with the stoves.

He’s sold 273 units in 3 days!

He’s getting quotes for a Titanium version...

Rich has been out and about trying his new kit out... There's some good examples of setup, and stove usage both with wood and with the meths burners at 11:45, 15:00 and 24:46 if you don't want to watch the whole thing..

I was mostly taken by his mate, who forgot to bring the second (and only other) essential ingredient of their evening meal.

Have a ‘Richard’ in the wood, seems appropriate.

Crikey
Less than 2 weeks from launch day and already a 25% price increase...
Mamma mia :blast
Hey ho.

I'll stay with my stainless steel 156 grams roasting spit- does sausages, leg of lamb, chickens, steaks, bacon sarnies etc and takes up hardly any room.
Quick and easy to clean too - Simple science and very effective too.
Available from
No connection- and I'm sure someone on here can probably make those cheaper.
I've had it working over a wood gasification stove and also just between 2 rocks.
Shank squared for 90 degree roast then turn- check you tube for home made water paddle wheel drive ;) (handy if camped by a river:D)
But I do wish Rich luck in his new venture.:aidan

Back
Top Bottom