BMW G650X Exhaust Header

Looks great john, I'm in no hurry if someone's desperate.

Just got delivery of the first part of the batch of these so will be sending PM's out to people in the order of when I received the deposits asking for the final balance payment and delivery addresses

I'll plan to get them sent out early next week and message you with the tracking numbers

Rest of the first batch will follow in a couple of weeks

Fitted mine today and it looks great. Haven't decided yet whether to paint the heat shield satin black or not. Here's a couple of pictures, with the first ne showing clearance from the radiator hose.

Attachments

• DSC_0033[1].jpg
    DSC_0033[1].jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_0035[1].jpg
    DSC_0035[1].jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 189
Fitted mine today and it looks great. Haven't decided yet whether to paint the heat shield satin black or not. Here's a couple of pictures, with the first ne showing clearance from the radiator hose.

Looks great Sye

So I went to replace mine today, only to be greeted with very rusty nuts that I can't undo with the tools I have :(

Going to get some wd40 penetrant to see if it helps!

So I went to replace mine today, only to be greeted with very rusty nuts that I can't undo with the tools I have :(

Going to get some wd40 penetrant to see if it helps!

I have had 100% success removing said rusty nuts (and studs as they will be corroded together) by running the bike up to temperature then using an Irwin "nut remover" with a 3/8" extension bar and ratchet

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Irwin-10...946743?hash=item1aa8c9cb37:g:us4AAOSww2Zfo91J

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Irwin-3940...lt+Grip+Nut+Removal+Set&qid=1604688275&sr=8-4

They should be copper nuts, they were on mine anyway. I put my brand new original header on the black bike, along with new Scorpion stainless can. Then put the old original off the black X Country onto the X Challenge to replace the Remus system. Managed to get the both done in the day - the Touratech tank prevented removal and I had to take all that lot off as well, which simply added to the time it took. Both bikes back up and running and oh how the Long Ranger sounds so much better with actual silencing in place! I don't know why, but it cruises at a much faster pace for the same kind of engine sound than the X Country - both wearing 49t and 16t sprockets, both on 19" and 17" wheels (X Country wheels). Why that is I have no idea.

Different gear box ratios?

Different gear box ratios?

Definitely not , engines and gearboxes identical across XChallenge / XCountry and XMoto

Tyre type / brand perhaps or just condition of engine in terms of wear or valve clearances ?

Definitely not , engines and gearboxes identical across XChallenge / XCountry and XMoto

Tyre type / brand perhaps or just condition of engine in terms of wear or valve clearances ?

Both running very sweetly. I think the tyres are much the same: Anakee 3 on the Country, Mitas Terra Force on the Challenge. Challenge will cruise at 75 easy, it is asking a bit of the Country, unless it is just the tall screen making it sound quieter and it is an illusion.

Are the tyres the same aspect ratio? Is the Xch running a slightly taller tyre?

Hi John is there still a chance of a second batch of these, if so can I put my name down for one please.
Cheers Alun.

Pi D. There's quite a variation in tyre size which affects gearing and handling.

S/s exhaust

Hi there , I have just joined this forum, is there still a chance of getting on the list for one of these headers?

Back
Top Bottom