On board with Rutter

Above 184mph, does the speedo cut out?

Not easy to ride, into a setting sun at those speeds

That low evening sun was a bit of an embuggeration.

Presumably the speedo goes blank when the 300kph/186mph limit is reached.

What surprised me is how few times Rutter changed gear on such a long lap. I'd never really thought about it before, but he holds on to gears for a long time. Not just top, but 4th and 5th particularly.

Above 184mph, does the speedo cut out?

Not easy to ride, into a setting sun at those speeds

It does, and looking at the rev counter, he's probably hitting 200mph at times. :cool

We cannot have an IoM onboard thread without digging out of the cupboard the 'Paul on his 1150' video - Will someone post it up please, I think it’s archived under:

When a GS was a proper GS
When UKGSer just did more than just post
...and of course Go Do One

...found it ..............

I never tire of watching Paul's absolute skill on that bike and amongst all those riders I know I can't think of anybody (with one notable exception) who could ride those roads quicker.............on any bike :thumb2

Andres

Edit: Obvs Stick could, that goes without saying.........

Never mind the circuit, I was mesmerised by that dash! 120 on the short straight after Ramsey hairpin. Over 180 on the mountain mile. Mind you, only 40 odd at the Gooseneck! Pshah!

Fucking hell, that was awesome. :beerjug:

Did anyone else notice Stick overtaking him down one of the straights, on his GS? :D

I mentioned to him about you over a pint at the local Bathams , hes a nice bloke you know , down to earth and a great rider . thinks your a bit of dick mind . He did ask me if you have ever kept a bike longer than a rope on a scabby bonk hoss.:green gri:D

Back
Top Bottom