Cooper BMW, Tunbridge Wells

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomP

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just heard today that Coopers have been sold to Arden BMW, with effect from about a week from now - bikes, cars and Mini. Staff are currently busy ring round bike owners who have servicing/MOT booked before the second week of September to arrange later dates for the work. Not sure of the precise dates, but the MOT, due on one of my bikes on 25 August has been delayed until 10 September. I'm told that all parts of the dealership will be closed for a full two weeks for the changeover to be made.

I was also told that, so far as they were currently aware, no staff would be losing their jobs, and that after reopening in the second week of September, it would be business as usual, just under a new name. Arden is a well-established BMW car dealership in Maidstone, but doesn't have any bike dealerships in the group at the moment.

Worth noting if you were planning on riding over there for any reason.

Tom

Thanks for that, I believe it's taken a while to find a buyer. Onwards and upwards I hope.

That now makes a bit of sense, i went to Coopers twice and got the feeling they did not want to sell me a bike, had no demo for 3 weeks, ended up getting mine from another dealer, with this going on in the back ground kind of explains the lack of demo etc.

Pete

I had a similar feeling when I couldn't get a realistic trade in value for my bike and got the impression they didn't want the business, although I did get test rides on a few bikes.

And sadly, this week is Tony’s last there. He leaves at the end of the week.

Wonder why there closing? It’s not strictly necessary to progress a sale. 1 day at most should do it. 2 weeks? I’m sceptical whether they will open. JJH

Are they being taken over by the Maidstone dealership

Tony’s not got anything lined up, he told me. First destination is fishing.

I’m surprised they havnt Tony back on, he’s one of the diamonds down there. He’s a true scholar and a gent.

Doesn’t everyone on UKGSer avoid rip off stealers, do their own servicing (so they know it’s done properly), buy mint secondhand bikes (properly priced by UKGSer) to let someone else take the hit? It seems not.

Doesn’t everyone on UKGSer avoid rip off stealers, do their own servicing (so they know it’s done properly), buy mint secondhand bikes (properly priced by UKGSer) to let someone else take the hit? It seems not.

i bought my 2012 twin cam from a dealer in essex, I paid mint price for it, as it had a 2 yr warranty. Its had a new front cover due to corrosion ,a new rear shock (1200 quid) and a new starter. theres something to be said for a main dealer. Ive seen pattern oil filters shit themselves and block up, trashing the engine. You know what? for the few extra pence the oe stuff costs, ill stick with genuine.When the shocks go, ill probably go wilbers, but thats the only big stuff i can think of tbh.
Ive no complaints of coopers servicing, aside from some mystery marks which appeared on the crash bars which id never seen before, and nobody claims responsibility.
Also i work on vehicles day in, day out. its nice to be on the clean end for a change.

Seem to have extended Tony a week, to early October. Further bad news is that Steve Franklyn is also finally retiring in about a week from now. He’s been there about 12 years, and prior to that, he ran Prestige in Bexleyheath. A good friend to BMW riders in Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom