Bridgestone A41 tyres

The TA3 does seem to tick all the boxes for a tyre that performs in all but off road . Default tyre for me at the moment. Waiting to get a set of the new m9rr trails on to try them as they look a 100 %road tyre .

M9rr not available in gs sizes when I looked?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

M9rr not available in gs sizes when I looked?

They are listed in GS sizes but the pandemic interupted supply line means they have not yet arrived, which is a shame as I wanted to try them for a laugh, as long as they last a week away in Spain that will be enough.

They are listed in GS sizes but the pandemic interupted supply line means they have not yet arrived, which is a shame as I wanted to try them for a laugh, as long as they last a week away in Spain that will be enough.

just been on the metzler website and as far as i can see not listed in gs lc sizes?

Never used them as took them straight off my new 1250 , but two mates who had them on their new bikes struggled to get more than 2 k from the front as worn out , rear was okay . They ride in let’s say a spirited way on roads with lots of corners so with the TL front end and the weight they wear fast .

The only tyres since the 80’s I’ve used where the front wears out before the rear. A reasonably quick ride two up through the Pyrenees and mine was worn almost to a point. Rear had lots of life left in it.

Just phoned them, didn't seem to know why they have listed them when they have no idea when they will be available!
He said he will speak to the rep tues and get back to me

Had these on my 2019 GS from new & and now have them on my 2020 GSA from new.
Exactly the same wear pattern on both and same grip levels.
About good for around 3600 miles and then the front starts to go.
That said, I’ve no complaints about their grip.
Going to replace these with Michelin’s.

Attachments

• CE8A72B6-CB39-4EB4-A693-026B93E974C5.jpg
    CE8A72B6-CB39-4EB4-A693-026B93E974C5.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 737
  • DF7F2A2E-7CEB-4875-B4EB-A5727B64B103.jpg
    DF7F2A2E-7CEB-4875-B4EB-A5727B64B103.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 726

My thoughts exactly as I have a set on order as soon as they come available from the dealer. The CTA 3 does do a week in Spain from new ( off the lorry ) the PR5 I used once were brilliant but only lasted 1200 miles / 5 days of a 7 day trip if the new RR can do 2000 max in a week with complete grip to the end that will do me .
Looks like it may be a tyre change maybe in Jaca due to getting there and ferry bookings now the lorry option is on hold .

I’ve used the older A40 and the A41 on my previous GS’s. They were great on the 1150 and the 1200 twin cam, but my new 1250 GSA came with them and I’m not enamoured at all.

I’ve never had an issue with them, but something isn’t right with the profile of the tyre and the geometry of the 1250, it’s like the bike wants to turn but the tyre is fighting it. My front is quite badly stepped at 3700 miles (rear has a ton of life).
Off road they are useless (yet they served me reasonably well on the previous bikes), I really can’t get my head around it, but they will not be replaced for the same tyre.

I’m considering the Dunlop Trailmax mission as I do like to venture off road, but I had roadsmart 3 on the twin cam when I bought it and they were truly awful and never felt secure, unlike the A41 I swapped them for. Other option is the Michelin anakee adventure, but not sure it’ll have the longevity as My pal has them and his front is not looking too clever at 6k and Im a harder rider than him.

I’m considering the Dunlop Trailmax mission as I do like to venture off road, but I had roadsmart 3 on the twin cam when I bought it and they were truly awful and never felt secure, unlike the A41 I swapped them for. Other option is the Michelin anakee adventure, but not sure it’ll have the longevity as My pal has them and his front is not looking too clever at 6k and Im a harder rider than him.

The reports about the Dunlop Trailmax Mission on the ADV forum say that they are brilliant when new, but their wet weather grip falls off significantly with mileage. Interestingly, I find similar with the Dunlop Mutants - that the wet weather grip seems less than other [older] tyres I’ve had in the past. The TC light is far more active and it feels like it relies on too much chemical grip, not enough mechanical grip - exacerbated by the ultra stiff sidewalls that don’t give good feedback. I’m switching back to softer sidewall Pirelli/Metz/Michelin which all offer better feel and mechanical grip when the Dunlops need changing.

Just replaced the Bridgestone A41s that came with my 1250GS; the front A41 was down to the wear bars at 6700 miles, the rear A41 had about 5mm left. I tried to get a new A41 front so that I could get the most out if the rear tyre. No A41s available 'Sir' Ukraine/ Covid / hot weather ... to blame. It was a shame to ditch a rear tyre with so much tread left but it had to be done. I tried to get Continental Trail Attacks, but was told by the tyre dealer he could only get me Michelin Road 6s. So I now have Road 6s; what a difference. As soon as I rode away from the tyre dealer; it felt like a different bike. Much faster to turn, very agile. I've only done 30 miles so early days. Hopefully they live up to expectations and don't suffer from punctures like the Road 5. I had 3 punctures in a year on my last bike (1200RS) fitted with Road 5s.

My thoughts exactly as I have a set on order as soon as they come available from the dealer. The CTA 3 does do a week in Spain from new ( off the lorry ) the PR5 I used once were brilliant but only lasted 1200 miles / 5 days of a 7 day trip if the new RR can do 2000 max in a week with complete grip to the end that will do me .

How on earth did you manage to destroy a PR5 in 1200 miles? What bike were you on? I have had PR5s on my Super Tenere for 8000 miles now and that includes two European tours and one ride to do the compass points of mainland U.K. all ridden solo but with full luggage and while I will never bother Marc Marquez I do like to “make progress”.

Having been on the hunt for tyres over the last couple of weeks, UK stock is not great at the moment. I was speaking to Micheldever Tyres/Protyre. Have managed to secure a set of Continental Road Attack 3 to try so off to remove my wheels thet currently have A41s.

Having been on the hunt for tyres over the last couple of weeks, UK stock is not great at the moment. I was speaking to Micheldever Tyres/Protyre. Have managed to secure a set of Continental Road Attack 3 to try so off to remove my wheels thet currently have A41s.
Would not recommend the RA3. Vastly inferior to the Trail Attack 3 (TA3).

mine felt as if they were squared off from new

^this. RA3 are very slow turning at the rear with a flat profile that makes the bike feel ponderous. They are fine if you generally ride slowly and in straight lines, but terrible if you enjoy cornering and at speed. The GS loves a fast turning rear tyre, and the TA3 have a much better rear tyre carcass profile in this regard. I got rid of my RA3s within 1-2 tankfuls after getting them fitted they were so ponderous.

My 21 1250 GSA came with A41's as OE. Two words describe my experience with them - 'Utter shite' - as others have said the front was shagged at 3000 miles but loads left on the back, never had this in over 44 years of having bikes - the front started tucking in after about 2500 miles and nearly dumped me on a roundabout. Changed the pair out for a set of TA3's, totally transformed the bike.

Had these on my 2019 GS from new & and now have them on my 2020 GSA from new.
Exactly the same wear pattern on both and same grip levels.
About good for around 3600 miles and then the front starts to go.
That said, I’ve no complaints about their grip.
Going to replace these with Michelin’s.

Fitted the pilot 6’s a few months ago and they’re now done after 5,500 miles. They’re a different class. Not one single issue. Great grip in the dry and decent in the wet. They inspired confidence whilst flicking the gsa ear to ear in the Picos and fully loaded in the Pyrenees in over 35’c heat. Stable over not the best of back roads throughout France too.
They do go off quickly when they go, but I’m not tempted by anything else on the market for now, so having a new pair fitted next week.

Back
Top Bottom