Akra

billybac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rode a 1250RS yesterday whilst my bike was in for some warranty checking. It had an Akra on it and I have to say it was a real disappointment, no noise or popping compared to the standard can on my 1200r (2018). Definitely won't be considering pay in £500+ for an Akra for mine!

Attachments

• 6E7D1F5A-BFDD-460A-B9E0-6912041B66C8.jpg
    6E7D1F5A-BFDD-460A-B9E0-6912041B66C8.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 250
Over an SC Project? I had one on my old Street Triple and it was great.

I think the Leo Vince look smarter too :thumby:

This one's got a removable baffle and pops/crackles on the overrun even with the baffles in :D

IMG-20200810-WA0019.jpg

Alta are all about the look these days and think that’s not what it was. Others at half the price are good options, including LV as mentioned above.

Over an SC Project? I had one on my old Street Triple and it was great.
Chap at work has an SC Project on his R1200RS, and he's very happy with it.

Much smaller than the Akra that I've got on mine.

I remember the days when I wouldn't go near anything other than an Akra, nowadays with they're welded in baffles all the time I can't see myself paying the money for one now.

Just done a long weekend around mid Wales with some mates and My Leo sounded FANTASTIC, cracking, popping and reverberating in the valleys. Best mod I've fitted, well best alongside the Metzlers Roadtech 01's.

I think I read somewhere that the latest Akra's baffles are non removable to be Euro 5 compliant!!

Just get an EU-3 Akra for the R1200 that also fits the 1250 & take the db-killers and you'll be more than happy...:thumb These EU-4 pipes are a waste of money !

Back
Top Bottom