Base camp POI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How can I add campsites to the search/find section on Basecamp. Go into lodgings but only shows Hotels/motels. Looking at Europe. Thanks

Do you want to add your own / a third party’s database of campsites or just want BaseCamp to show the campsites it holds already?

If it’s to add your own / a third party’s, this will give you a start:

https://support.garmin.com/en-PH/?faq=VIn7Q32IC84xW2MzCUevY9

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lVSq-GGSIFk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the latter:

Find

Drop down to: Find points of interest

By default it displays all points of interest around where your map is centred

All Points of Interest

Drop down

Lodging

All Subcategories

Drop down

Campground/RV Park

Thanks Wapping. On the Dropdown menus only shows Hotel/motel. was trying to work out how to get the camp/rv sites to show up. If I have address no problem. was trying to find stops along a route

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 10.25.54.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 10.25.54.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 58
Now, that is odd.

There should be a whole heap of various types of ‘lodging’.

When you select ‘Find’ have you tried doing it from the buttons along the top, where the ‘maps’ button lives? I use a Mac, which I don’t have to hand, so your view might be different.

Have an IMac just incase its a problem. Yep tried buttons at top. Just did "newer version of BaseCamp" update just in case. Will search and find anything I have an address for no problem. Have done a search and quite a few campsite POI files around, some free others charge. Just thought. would I need my SatNav connected to see them?

Seem to have sorted it. Fired up my old windows comp and checked. Sure enough POI shows RV sites as you said. Back on the Mac and garmin express with satnav connected. Told it to download maps to computer. Although I had done this before it seems to have done the trick.
Live and learn. Thanks for the help.:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 14.51.12.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 14.51.12.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom