Mounting a GPS in line of sight on the CRF1100 (not ATAS) Anyone done this yet?

DeanoBeano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to mount a GPS above cockpit instruments in line of sight? I've not seen anything available on the market yet so just wondered if anyone has come across anything ng yet.

If you have an iPhone you can use Apple Carplay to send Google Maps or Waze to the main screen.

No I still prefer to use a separate GPS device like a Tom Tom or Garmin.

I'm pretty sure this is for the AS model, not the standard AT CRF1100 but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?

I pick my new bike up in the next 10 days. Standard CRF1100 DCT (not the adventure sport).

Are there any other choices yet for 'line of sight' sat nav bars? I've done a search and not found any yet

Done mine with a Givi mount above the dash for my Zumo. Will be using the mount for a phone when I get my head around car play and moving from map source files to google maps I will get you a link and image posted up here

Zumo mount

Not a great image

Attachments

• 47A8242A-AB14-4A3F-885D-BA8C93C03565.jpg
    47A8242A-AB14-4A3F-885D-BA8C93C03565.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 209
Okay thanks. I’ve just ordered the Givi mount. The round bar does look quite thin. Does it cause any / much vibration?

Okay thanks. I’ve just ordered the Givi mount. The round bar does look quite thin. Does it cause any / much vibration?

My Zumo 660 is a heavy unit and will pitch up and down a little on rough road surfaces but not enough to concern me, I don’t do off road but if I did then I would doubt this system would cope. Once I move to mounting an IPhone up there which I guess will weigh 1/4 of the Zumo I don’t expect any movement.

Done mine with a Givi mount above the dash for my Zumo. Will be using the mount for a phone when I get my head around car play and moving from map source files to google maps I will get you a link and image posted up here

Bought mine from rugged roads

Attachments

• 00C8B667-AC1E-4697-81B5-71D536A88C10.jpg
    00C8B667-AC1E-4697-81B5-71D536A88C10.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 196

Back
Top Bottom