Trade in

quarrymick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of trading the old gs lc in for xr1000 thoughts

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Test ride one first at speed, the XR is so Ffing loud even on standard exhaust it drives some crazy.

Especially me I hate it purely for the constant booming noise, everything else about it is almost the perfect roadbike :blast

Test ride one first at speed, the XR is so Ffing loud even on standard exhaust it drives some crazy.

Especially me I hate it purely for the constant booming noise, everything else about it is almost the perfect roadbike :blast

Get proper earplugs then. Mine with a full Akra was spot on, and I never had a problem with the noise.

Had one for a year rode it round Spain at 130mph....GS LC better Imo if touring is your thang.

The new XR is too quiet for my taste...The old one had more power in the middle,the new one on top.
Ride also the 1250GS and then decide which one you like better ! For me the 1250 killed the lust for the XR because all it has is more top-end and a better working electronic shifter I never use on the GS...My thoughts...;)

And it has a less clattery ,noisy and seemingly unreliable engine!

Got the xr1000 now totally different to the gs may be another gs on the cards lol

Does that mean you do not like the XR or are you getting a GS as well. I like my XR but I am lucky and also have a R100gs so cover lots of options. GS for Norfolk's mud covered lanes (read local "Roads") XR anywhere there is decent tarmac.

See how it goes need to put some miles on it but do love the handleing on the gs

Stick with it get a thousand miles in and get used to it. I thought I’d made a mistake when I changed from the GS. Now in my opinion unless you want to do green lanes the XR out performs a GS in every department. Could never go back.

I traded for an 1250rs, best of both worlds for me. Being “vertically challenged” even on a low frame XR I felt stretched, the new one is pretty much the same. 1250RS is much more manageable, handles well and doesn’t let it self down on performance until over 130 where legally allowed. Variety is the spice of life !

Back
Top Bottom