Carrying extra fuel

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Do you and what method do you use?

I’ve swapped my FE390 which was good for 100 miles on a tank for a GasGas EC 200 which struggles to reach 50 miles. I want to increase the range and have seen Acerbis make bar, fork or tail mounted tanks that Carry between 2 and six extra litres.

There’s also Rotopax but not sure the tail of the GasGas will appreciate the weight hanging out back without breaking (same goes for the Acerbis 6 litre tail mount tank).

Any other ideas I’m missing?

Do you and what method do you use?

I’ve swapped my FE390 which was good for 100 miles on a tank for a GasGas EC 200 which struggles to reach 50 miles. I want to increase the range and have seen Acerbis make bar, fork or tail mounted tanks that Carry between 2 and six extra litres.

There’s also Rotopax but not sure the tail of the GasGas will appreciate the weight hanging out back without breaking (same goes for the Acerbis 6 litre tail mount tank).

Any other ideas I’m missing?

Bigger fuel tank ? stay closer to home ?

Just an update

I wasn’t able to get hold of any of the above within the UK. I’ve got an alert with Nippy for when Desert Fox bags come back in stock. Bike is going into the local GasGas dealers to see if the carb is all ok, 36 miles on 9 litres is all I’m getting currently

I say certainly that there's a fuelling issue if you're only getting that - the CRF450X I sold recently did 50-60 on 8L on the road, off-road would better that.

I say certainly that there's a fuelling issue if you're only getting that - the CRF450X I sold recently did 50-60 on 8L on the road, off-road would better that.

Definitely, but carburettors are a dark art so it’s going to a man that can

just don't go on a public road, they are Illegal in the UK, and be prepared for an argument its illegal to fill them at a petrol station as well

As I’ve found today. Adventurespec stopped importing due to debatable legality apparently

Definitely, but carburettors are a dark art so it’s going to a man that can

As I’ve found today. Adventurespec stopped importing due to debatable legality apparently

to be fair its the whole of europe as well, petrol can only be dispensed into hard containers, either steel or plastic, your only real option is a special additional tank or rotopax

If I can get the fueling how it should be I’ll try strapping a couple of aluminium bottles to the frame as extra. Or something

Back
Top Bottom