GPX route for Dales.

Did 260mls around the Dales last Friday, barley saw another vehicle. As JB says, stay away from the main roads and why anyone wants to stop in Hawes is beyond me.

Did 260mls around the Dales last Friday, barley saw another vehicle. As JB says, stay away from the main roads and why anyone wants to stop in Hawes is beyond me.

Exactly right. We can have a good 200 mile trip out on a bank holiday on lovely quiet roads. We do tend to get up early though.

Just got back from my first proper ride around the Dales and I want to say a big thanks to Red Rick for helping sort out two days of routes. Some of the best days I have had in the saddle in recent memory, at least in the UK. Really enjoyed it and the highlights were Deepdale and giving it a proper rip from Hawes through Ribbledale. I cannot wait to go back for another trip. Some awesome riding, probably better than the Peak District in my view.

Man thanks RedRick - epic weekend. :)

Why not put the roads you rode up here in some detail, that way others will benefit, too.

Yes I will.

I was short on time yesterday and am now but when I have a moment, I will share the route.

The only good thing about Hawes is the road out to Oughtershaw.

Back
Top Bottom