GPX route for Dales.

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Does anyone have a GPX route for the Yorkshire Dales area ?

Doesn't have to be overly large run, more a dip my toe in to as I may go down that way when I intend to forage in and around the lake district.

This is the route for Wrinkyowlie's (Steve's) 21 Dales run on the Dent event. Uploaded to the site by ... sorry, I forgot!

Oops, too big a file! PM me with an em address and I'll have a go that way.

PM sent PP :okay

I have an off road one (actually two)... Any good?

As much as I do like the odd nosey down the odd lane or two I'm not so sure it would be a wise move on this occasion being on foreign territory and likely travelling alone but cheers for the offer. :thumb

PM sent PP :okay

As much as I do like the odd nosey down the odd lane or two I'm not so sure it would be a wise move on this occasion being on foreign territory and likely travelling alone but cheers for the offer. :thumb

Where are you proposing to stay over ?

I just followed a suggested route on the ABR website, I'm likely to come from the Barnard Castle way so that extra bit at the top would fit nicely.

Attachments

• c4fa27b3-5ac0-4cec-90f0-c07b6e2fb8e0.JPG
    c4fa27b3-5ac0-4cec-90f0-c07b6e2fb8e0.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 345
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 322

Why not Dent ?
I would think Cabby’s Dent loop would be preferable (to me) than the Ingleton route past Ribblehead ?

If you are staying in the Dales, I could give you a decent run out, if I am free on said dates

Why not Dent ?
I would think Cabby’s Dent loop would be preferable (to me) than the Ingleton route past Ribblehead ?

Thats because you don't have a Pikes Peak which just loves the run up the ribblehead road to Hawes

I find that road into Dent and out a pain in the arse

Each to his own but Dent seems to have gained some mythical status on here over the years when in reality its a half horse and a dead one at that place with nothing going for it but a half decent pub and a very overpriced campsite

If you are staying in the Dales, I could give you a decent run out, if I am free on said dates

Cheers JB.

As I said it'll be a case of checking the weather, if it's good for 3 or 4 days then I'm offski. Got something on on the 1st but any time after that, I have no set plan, no set route other than heading down through Keilder Forest then I have a 5 or 6 Lakes pass route I managed to find then a potter in and around D&G, it was only today that the Dales occurred to me as it can't be that far away from Keilder - Lakes, just a tad souther, so why not.

I've not decided where to stay as of yet cause I'm not sure where I'll be when it comes to staying somewhere, I'm presuming I'll be able to get a room relatively easily on the go it being September.

Cheers JB.

As I said it'll be a case of checking the weather, if it's good for 3 or 4 days then I'm offski. Got something on on the 1st but any time after that, I have no set plan, no set route other than heading down through Keilder Forest then I have a 5 or 6 Lakes pass route I managed to find then a potter in and around D&G, it was only today that the Dales occurred to me as it can't be that far away from Keilder - Lakes, just a tad souther, so why not.

I've not decided where to stay as of yet cause I'm not sure where I'll be when it comes to staying somewhere, I'm presuming I'll be able to get a room relatively easily on the go it being September.

If you are coming in from The Kielder area stay with it and come on down that side to Hawes ( area ) much nicer way in
Kielder - Barnatrd castle then Reeth -Leyburn -Hawes

Thats because you don't have a Pikes Peak which just loves the run up the ribblehead road to Hawes

Not that exciting a road though at a strict 60mph and heavily policed by camera vans

The Dent roads at 60 mph are far more ‘involving’ though

Not that exciting a road though at a strict 60mph and heavily policed by camera vans

The Dent roads at 60 mph are far more ‘involving’ though

I often ride down it at 62 mph and have never seen a camera van and to be fair the views are so good anyone that does not spot a camera van deserve all they get

Back
Top Bottom