Sproxton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tetley said he was happy to organise the off-road ride too.

Half the work's already done!!!!

Oh, FFS, organise the fucker yourselves if you're that desperate. Nobody organised the January meet in Derbys because neither Mike nor I did.

Step up!!!!

Well that didn’t go as expected
Sorry David for being pushy
If I had the time and know how I would step up.

Well that didn’t go as expected
Sorry David for being pushy
If I had the time and know how I would step up.

Well, I've organised some counselling therapy now, and you and Gerry are going to have to pick up the bill.

What she says.

Attachments

• F5566686-7BFB-41E5-B8D3-216C11846DD3.jpg
    F5566686-7BFB-41E5-B8D3-216C11846DD3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 188
Right, I've emailed Tetley the details, however, something else has come to my attention.

Due to Covid rules, no overnight gatherings of more than two households are permitted, so, the cricket club nor the pub will be able to help us.

I would suggest that that we are still allowed to go out on our bikes, there are two groups, road and off road, meet up and go on their routes. I would also say that cafés may not be able to cope, for lunch times, so I would suggest that everyone takes a packed lunch etc. and find a suitable lunch stop for a picnic.

I'm butting out now.

Any thoughts on Sproxton event this year?

If Covid-19 makes it a no go should we plan a day event.

Ride out with lunch with a possible off road option?

I have enjoyed the past two ride outs led by the esteemed Chris and Derek :thumby:

We have now returned to my original question and suggestion that caused so much grief :blast

We need to decide on a date if bringing the rides forward as suggested by Chris.

...Due to Covid rules, no overnight gatherings of more than two households are permitted, so, the cricket club nor the pub will be able to help us...

Just for info, the Overland Event IS happening this weekend, with ~150 in attendance. I'll be there running the first aid rota (now that is a challenge 😳). So happy to feed back on how to manage large numbers of tossers gathered in a field, safely. If that would be helpful?

CoGS

Just for info, the Overland Event IS happening this weekend, with ~150 in attendance. I'll be there running the first aid rota (now that is a challenge ��). So happy to feed back on how to manage large numbers of tossers gathered in a field, safely. If that would be helpful?

CoGS

Hi Cogs

I am aware camp sites and pubs across the country have Now supported some biker weekends.

I suspect the regular pub and camp site (cricket pavilion) are not prepared to accommodate us at this time of COVID-19.

Finding another venue at short notice may prove to be a challenge.

I have been in discussions with both Chris and Derek about a date for the road ride.

The off road event does not necessarily have to be on the same day now but it could be.

As looking for a pub lunch Venue may prove difficult we are proposing the ride sets off after the October breakfast meet on Saturday 10th October.

This has gone quiet.

How about the 14th of November.

I would suggest taking a picnic for lunch.

Sorry,
Not been on any forums for a bit - had a load of shite on - do you want me to go over to see Alan at the pub this weekend to see if he'll put on a socially distanced lunch for a few outside in the garden ? (he's got a big gazebo thing)
Then we can arrange a bimble around lunch
All the best
Mick

It went quiet because of the Covid-19 intervening again with rule of 6 etc.

Those I spoke to organising both the road and off ride rides believed it was off.

If people want to discuss any way forward away from this forum I did set up a WhatsApp group but very few joined.

It can be revived. :thumby:

Why not discuss here as it is the place where everyone can see stuff???? Why create another space that people have to check????? Why change what works?????

2 rides, off road on road. If Mick can chat to Alan see if it's a goer, or we organise separate rides and lunches accordingly.

WhatsApp is insecure and data mines all of your contacts, and I won't touch it.

Why not discuss here as it is the place where everyone can see stuff???? Why create another space that people have to check????? Why change what works?????

2 rides, off road on road. If Mick can chat to Alan see if it's a goer, or we organise separate rides and lunches accordingly.

WhatsApp is insecure and data mines all of your contacts, and I won't touch it.

If people want to discuss this openly in this thread they are free to do so.

My position relates to the views I received when suggesting a (COVID-19 permitting) breakfast in April.

Yours included:

“ Frankly, I think Andres has a point. These meets should be cancelled until further notice. Sadly, I shall not be attending.”

You have also made your views known to many of us that you do not use social media.

However, the WhatsApp group I set up was in part to offer support to those who had to shield during the lockdown but it allows discussions away from a public forum.

I look forward to the views of those who were/are interested in the ride outs.

With the rapid increase in the spread of the virus I will have to retract our offer of organising the road ride.
Hopefully this will be back under control for next year.

With the rapid increase in the spread of the virus I will have to retract our offer of organising the road ride.
Hopefully this will be back under control for next year.

Thanks for clarifying Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom