Looking for advice - Gore-Tex laminated gloves

£120 thats a good price.

The only major gripe I had about the older Ceres was the Scaphoid armour, it was a tad lumpy and a bit cumbersome, but having said that it was perfect for sliding down the road at 130mph so you cant have it all ways !

When I bought my Virium I had originally intended getting the ceres but as you say the scaphoid bit was just too much. and as the purchase was primarily for summer wet weather gloves the Viruim fitted the bill perfectly

I had to wear all leather construction gloves so thats why I originally plumped for the Ceres, when I got the new Ceres 2.0 as replacements I found out they were only half leather so I only wore them very occasionally commuting to work if I was on a hot and slow day.

I did like them though

Thanks for the feedback gents. I'm not in gore tex glove shipping mode!

Looks like I should try on some of the Ceres 2.0.

I've also bumped into the Klim Adventure GTX. Not sure if they're as 'light' as I'd like, but they do look interesting... If a tad pricey.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback gents. I'm not in gore tex glove shipping mode!

Looks like I should try on some of the Ceres 2.0.

I've also bumped into the Klim Adventure GTX. Not sure if they're as 'light' as I'd like, but they do look interesting... If a tad pricey.

They are lovely gloves when they are working

I am on my 4th pair as all the others have been replaced under warranty when the winning pulls out

As a result I don't wear them and have pretty much given up on them which is why I bought the Virium as I just don't trust the Klims anymore

They are lovely gloves when they are working

I am on my 4th pair as all the others have been replaced under warranty when the winning pulls out

As a result I don't wear them and have pretty much given up on them which is why I bought the Virium as I just don't trust the Klims anymore
That's a right pain. But v useful feedback. Thank you. For that money, I would expect them to be up there with the best of the best...

A little update to my story on getting some gloves, much as the OP was looking for...

I finally took the plunge and got my wallet out. I ended up buying a pair of Klim 'Adventure GTX' gloves from Motolegends. V expensive

Well. It wasn't straightforward at all. Bought the gloves online - yea, I know, bit if a gamble. But Motolegends has a good rep and their site laid things out clearly. Gloves arrived super quick

But trying them on, I discover their like two different sizes . So. I jump on the bike and get down to ML.

Looks like all their 'medium' stock of the 'asphalt' colour glove are just like my order...I could see the displeasure on their faces. Friggin expensive glove, so I'm not surprised.

Anyway, they looked after me despite them being really busy while trying to manage distancing. They just let me try what I wanted with no stress.

I walked out with a pair of Richa 'Atlantic' gloves. They just fit so well and had a lot of the details I was looking for (short cuff and laminated GTX). It wasn't the money, it was the fit + spec.

Hope this is useful for someone. Those Klim gloves a lovely. I love the style and detailing. But no good if they don't bloody fit! Oh, and I would have bought the £220 Rukka gloves, but the flippin fingers were abnormally long!

Are the Rukka Virium gloves still the ones to go for when buying waterproof gloves. ?

If your main concern is being waterproof and fitting well, then the Viriums are certainly my “go to” glove when it’s raining and the temps aren’t too low.

But no good if they don't bloody fit! Oh, and I would have bought the £220 Rukka gloves, but the flippin fingers were abnormally long!
Fit is all important and I find that the ESKA, Dane and Racer gloves fit me best. I pray that the (not cheap) gloves will prove waterproof in the vent of a biblical downpour, but take a spare pair just in case.

Back
Top Bottom