KTM Dealers in Scotland

The parent company I’m sure would want to know when their marque is being tarnished by a dealer and their operating standards. Where that fails and causes injury or death to a customer there would no doubt be an investigation from many interested parties to identify the cause.

The issue I described was not an isolated incident from Drysdales back then. I’m pleased they no longer have a KTM monopoly up here.

Jim

"Parent Company" - were Drysdales owned by KTM? I doubt it, pretty sure KTM do not own any UK dealers

Sound like a shit bunch, and it seems KTM took exception to how shit they were, but manufaturers only have very limited control over dealers as they are (rarely) the parent company, it probably takes a lot to tear up a dealership agreement at mid-point, my guess is they typically wait until the end of the contract and give the franchise to someone else.

The parent company meaning the marque, the manufacturer, the ones that place inordinate demands on dealers.

Have you spoken to a dealership owner about how much is placed at door of a dealer by a manufacturer so that the ambience is right and customers are lead through the range. Even down to the level of lighting and flooring!!

To have a marque dealership, not an indie, is full on compliance for a dealer. The manufacturer has them by the balls to ensure their product is top dog, hence why many multi marques located in one premises is frowned upon and they disaggregate.

Pop into your local dealer and ask. It’s scary!

Anyway, drysdales don’t get my vote or their owner.

Jim

Well, they focus on the improtant stuff like ambience and lighting, rather than the minor details such as not sending a bike out in a dangerous condition.

At the end of the day it is down to the dealer to ensure the staff are competent and give a fuck, and that seems to be where it falls down more often than not.

Well, they focus on the improtant stuff like ambience and lighting, rather than the minor details such as not sending a bike out in a dangerous condition.

At the end of the day it is down to the dealer to ensure the staff are competent and give a fuck, and that seems to be where it falls down more often than not.

Agreed Rasher

Enjoy Xmas!

Jim

I believe Shirlaws in Aberdeen are now a KTM dealer, they seem to have a good reutation.

Anyone know of anywhere still doing deals on 890 advent with tech pack??

Jim

Anyone know of anywhere still doing deals on 890 advent with tech pack??

Jim

I got my pre-reg Orange 22 plate with 6 miles, free tech pack & engine guard for £9500 & because I waited over 6 weeks for it to come up from KTM UK they gave me a £500 voucher for some power parts. Not ridden it yet but getting PPF fitted to the side panels in a few weeks so hopefully get out & get it run in ;)

I got my pre-reg Orange 22 plate with 6 miles, free tech pack & engine guard for £9500 & because I waited over 6 weeks for it to come up from KTM UK they gave me a £500 voucher for some power parts. Not ridden it yet but getting PPF fitted to the side panels in a few weeks so hopefully get out & get it run in ;)

Cheers Mark

I’ll give them a call.

Keep safe buddy

Jim

Back
Top Bottom