Hex ezcan and lights fitted - no joy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone help please
I’ve just finished fitting a hex ezcan with new, 2 cable fitting “interphone Make” aux LED lights.
It’s all connected up fine, circuits are good and lights come on when I carry out the diagnostic test. The test is done via the menu on the ezcan software, but when I click off the test function to return to main menu the aux lights go out and I lose Srl capability too.
I’ve tried the 3 second press of both the indicator switch and the thumb wheel separately to no avail.
What have I done wrong or anyone else had this experience? And fixed it?
Jim

Maybe need to try a Hex Ezcan from someone else’s bike?

Did you buy S/H? Maybe got an intermittent fault?

Hi Al
That occurred to me and yes secondhand but it was a warranty replacement. I’ve emailed ezcan to see what they say!

Jim

Not something I have used, but IIRC from reading other threads in the past, doesn't installation requires you to configure the fuse values & aux light settings?

I was just thinking the same as Squibb34, You do have to set the fuse values as a calculation based on the current draw, it's been ages since I fitted mine, but I used one circuit for the spots, and set the fuse rating accordingly as I had a similar thing happen.

thanks guys. yip, done that. However, I'm noting what you're saying fluffmeister. I have set them up to be two circuits - one for each side as the lights are split side from side. did you set them up as one??

I set them up as one mate, because I wanted the second high amp circuit for my Denali soundbomb horn, the accessory circuit I use as the trigger for my INNOVV C5 and I have one spare.

Only issue so to speak I have is that I have the spots set to go off when indicating so it turns both spots off as they are in the same circuit.

Cheers FM

I’ll see what they come back with. I’ve just checked everything again and it seems right. Faulty unit maybe??

Jim

I set them up as one mate, because I wanted the second high amp circuit for my Denali soundbomb horn, the accessory circuit I use as the trigger for my INNOVV C5 and I have one spare.

Only issue so to speak I have is that I have the spots set to go off when indicating so it turns both spots off as they are in the same circuit.

If you set the option to flash with the four way indicators do they come on?

Did you try setting the intensity to 100% on all lights and turn off three wire dimming mode?
EDIT you might try 0% too just in case the setting s are incorrect in the software

436a253104d83fe8caadf6d3fd0b5848.png

5042d358d518488cfbedf762cc7f1d7f.png

Many thanks Andi. Sadly I have tried both extremes. No worky.

Jim

Ok, so I heard back from HexEzcan and they suggested a reload to factory settings which I've done and methodically checked everything again. I still have no joy and now getting error red triangle warning sign on SW Interface saying 'no device connected' when it is and 'no power at canbus' which its connected to. I've also lost my drl lamp capability. Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh:blast:jager
I'm thinking, after doing a check and rechecking everything it's a faulty unit??

Jim

I've got the Cansmart, but it's the same thing. I have my aux lights (Denali) both going to one circuit, not two. Brake light on another, so I still have two circuits free

Ok, so I heard back from HexEzcan and they suggested a reload to factory settings which I've done and methodically checked everything again. I still have no joy and now getting error red triangle warning sign on SW Interface saying 'no device connected' when it is and 'no power at canbus' which its connected to. I've also lost my drl lamp capability. Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh:blast:jager
I'm thinking, after doing a check and rechecking everything it's a faulty unit??

Jim

If you have another usb cable to hand try it just to ensure its not that causing some corruption somewhere.

Cheers Andi. That’s a good shout. I’ll give that a try!

Hopefully I’ll get to speak to a ezcan tech

Jim

If you have another usb cable to hand try it just to ensure its not that causing some corruption somewhere.

I've got the Cansmart, but it's the same thing. I have my aux lights (Denali) both going to one circuit, not two. Brake light on another, so I still have two circuits free

I’m trying not to resort to this but .......

I’m trying not to resort to this but .......

The don't you want them on the same circuit, you can join the two lights and setup as one, so yo get the switch off as you indicate etc. What is the advantage of having each light on a separate circuit?

The don't you want them on the same circuit, you can join the two lights and setup as one, so yo get the switch off as you indicate etc. What is the advantage of having each light on a separate circuit?

Surley that means they both turn off when you indicate, when keeping them on separate circuits means only the one on the side that you are indicating dims?

But this is all moot at the moment-

The op either has a defecitbe unit or a defective circuit on the unit

Surley that means they both turn off when you indicate, when keeping them on separate circuits means only the one on the side that you are indicating dims?

But this is all moot at the moment-

The op either has a defecitbe unit or a defective circuit on the unit
That's it in a nutshell Santa (did I really say that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom