Blackpool Hotel Recommendations?

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got some good friends coming up from down south, who for some bizarre reason, want to go and stay in Blackpool for a few days. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Blackpool, preferably with parking for a car as well. They want to be in the centre of the "action" :)

It's a serious request btw.

Hilton? Its been a good 5+years since I had the pleasure of staying in /near Blackpool (for work). Most of the of the hotels on the or near the front were either rough as or catered for the there for work crowd. Of those colleagues who missed out on a room at the for work hotels they often had tales of woe or WTAF when staying at the "holiday" class hotels. . Futher out of town there is the De'Vere and futher to the south there is Lytham St Annes which is a short taxi to from the main strip. Lytham is (or was) a nicer place to stay we had our favourites there on the front though I'm struggling to recall names.
I think most of the "holiday" rate hotels do without parking whereas the Hilton etc have thier own spaces. You pays yer money and takes yer chances (i suspect).

A quick google maps check of Lytham reminded me it was usually the Dalmeny we stayed at, though most of the hotels on/around the South Promenade or Clifton drive in Lytham were reasonable, at the time of my visits.

Ah Blackpool, often referred to as le Paris du Nord

by no-one.

It's a lottery, no guarantee staying anywhere remotely central that you won't end up with a boisterous stag/hen party keeping the occupants amused the entire night. If they have to stay in Blackpool I would recommend at least staying one step away from the centre itself.

Ah Blackpool, often referred to as le Paris du Nord

by no-one.

It's a lottery, no guarantee staying anywhere remotely central that you won't end up with a boisterous stag/hen party keeping the occupants amused the entire night. If they have to stay in Blackpool I would recommend at least staying one step away from the centre itself.

True....... true...... I’m saying Lytham, but they are not lowering

A bit of an older folks play to stay (My old man stays here for the weekly all inclusive deals) is Tiffanys, book for a car parking space on the front or around the back on arrival.

Back
Top Bottom