2016 Suzuki 1250 Bandit Opinions

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There's a good chance I may have the opportunity to buy an immaculate low mileage year 2016 1250 Bandit off a friend in the near future. I've had a good look at the You Tube videos and have read various road tests on the bike, there's not much to dislike.
I would appreciate any comments from previous owners on the virtues and flaws of this model.

Cheers, Al #SLM

I have a friend who did a long weekend trip from Cornwall to Ireland and back on his 1250 Bandit. He was in awe of Ireland, the reception, the music and the crack but, he couldn't stop talking about how great his bike was, how it had behaved. "Behaved"! Yes, it had become his child :aidan

I have never ridden one but I'll guess it's like a long slow orgasm. Have you ever had one of them or, am I becoming one of the last romantics who "Makes Lovvvvve" ? :):D

I have had 4 1250s from the bandit to gsxf, very little difference between them the latter, has a bigger rad with extra fan due to bigger fairing cover, the headlights are shit on both models and also the seat, but both easily rectified, the suspension is also very budget not a biggie unless you want to challenge a gsxr 1000 or the likes, screen coverage i found the biggest issue so replaced with a madstad screen its better but not perfect.
On the plus side i dont think you could find anything that was more reliable, the engine has torque in spades, i have done nothing to any of mine but service regular, and apart from pads and one set of fork seals (my fault to many wheelies), there has been nothing else to do. When using the bike for touring i got around 54mpg, that was 2 up with luggage, and on that front it has a carrying capacity around 225kg.
Bottom line if you want a bike as reliable as an anvil you couldnt get better, if you want one with all the bells and whistles and 165bhp on tap look else where.

I took my test on a bandit 600

worst bike ever ;)

but they said its the most reliable bike in the fleet and can cater for the most ham fisted user ;)

I've had one for 3 years now. It is a 2007 model which I bought on this forum with just 2500 miles! It now has about 8000 miles and is as reliable as day following night. I replaced the ten year old tyres for Dunlop Roadsmarts and it handles really well. Mine has an aftermarket screen, chrome radiator cover, carbon fibre hugger, adjustable levers, aftermarket end can tank protector, seat and a few other useful niknaks. As has been mentioned the suspension is a bit budget, gearbox is slick, there is no gear indicator but that's no biggie, the engine is a torque monster and it can be a hoot on a Sunday morning ride. The finish is holding up ok, just starting to show a few signs of deterioration on the forks and engine cylinders but that is all.

Back
Top Bottom