990 adventure advice

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had one previously ( 2007 )and now the 1290 GT has gone looking for something more sedate / upright .

Would you buy one sight unseen - Found one with FSH , 1 owner ,under 7k miles , has the orange key and 2 spares .
Got till the morning to set the deal up. It's at the top end of the value of these things at 7500 quid.
help :)

Just done a MOT search ,
Only done 200 miles since 2018
advisories

Advisory notice item(s)
Front sprk/cover missing-From the picture that's been changed out.
Rear brake cover broken
Front Brake disc(s) slightly worn (3.2.A1l)

MOT’s don’t show general cosmetic neglect or even rattle engines. It could be a peach, but at that money, I’d want to see and hear it as well.

Do I have any recourse from a stealer-apparently wil have AA cover for 3 months max 1K cover for mech and Electrical .

I'd want to see it too.

I've had two and both were brilliant and totally reliable but I bought them from new. My first one took me on 56,000 faultless miles.

2012/3 are the smoothest.

Trouble is bike's at a dealers in Alfreton so its a punt or leave it . Called him 3 times already think he's getting a bit pissed off

Trouble is bike's at a dealers in Alfreton so its a punt or leave it . Called him 3 times already think he's getting a bit pissed off

Fuck him, if he gets shirty he loses a potential sale....or are you some kind of snowflake who worries about these things, either way don't fucking buy it without seeing it unless you've more money than sense in which case do it mate (or don't), your money, your choice.

Fuck him, if he gets shirty he loses a potential sale....or are you some kind of snowflake who worries about these things, either way don't fucking buy it without seeing it unless you've more money than sense in which case do it mate (or don't), your money, your choice.

Wow.............No no snow flake,more ice pick :blast the more I look into it the more I cant be arsed.
Plenty more in the sea . Seems a small enterprise running out of a small unit, found on fuck book , mostly low cost bikes.
Might buy a 790 .

Wow.............No no snow flake,more ice pick :blast the more I look into it the more I cant be arsed.
Plenty more in the sea . Seems a small enterprise running out of a small unit, found on fuck book , mostly low cost bikes.
Might buy a 790 .

Spot on!

Just done a MOT search ,
Only done 200 miles since 2018
advisories

Advisory notice item(s)
Front sprk/cover missing-From the picture that's been changed out.
Rear brake cover broken
Front Brake disc(s) slightly worn (3.2.A1l)

Fronts discs slightly worn @ 7k ? Mine has done 28k they are like new. Main thinks that I would be worried about would be the finish on the fasteners & especially the front spokes - they really suffer.

This one? ............. https://www.gumtree.com/p/ktm-motor...er-5-497-miles-fsh-lot-s-of-extras/1382605168

Looks tidy enough, but I am suspicious of the 2018 advisories, which would make me question the ODO reading, past life or parts swapping.

Seems well expensive though, unless you particularly want a set of oversized panniers. They may have been cutting edge adventure bikes back in the day, but servicing was expensive, the fuelling was always poor, the clutch slave was crap & the headlights were pathetic. The rear WP shock went south on my second 990 Adv too - damping would stiffen up dramatically once it got hot; I sold it on rather than spend more & ended up with a far superior quality bike, a 2014 Super10 ES.

Got till the morning to set the deal up.

Why the hurry? At that price it may still be unsold a month from now unless it is discounted heavily first. MOT advisories would make me look elsewhere even if it was cheap. It's possible the MOT tester was over-zealous but I wouldn't pay over the odds and travel a long way for that, if I were in your shoes.

£7500 will buy you a 790 Adventure from 2019 at the earliest as that's when they were launched.

I gave mine in part ex at that price with full luggage, satnav and 8k miles. Plus cruise, QS, heated grips, comfort seats.....

Why the hurry? At that price it may still be unsold a month from now unless it is discounted heavily first. MOT advisories would make me look elsewhere even if it was cheap. It's possible the MOT tester was over-zealous but I wouldn't pay over the odds and travel a long way for that, if I were in your shoes.

The hurry was the way the conversation was heading - and my lack of time-Works in shutdown / start up mode so busy time with 12 hours shifts .
I'm still interested but the lack of use by the first owner and the front sprocket cover changed out for a open type, ya know the type that lets all the mud out when off road plus the carbon covers , could be hiding some sins as is the luggage, interested to find out what lies beneath . Fuels probably 2 years old as well. OK if it's had additives stabilizing the fuel but how ya gunna know.
If it was as mint as he says i'd still be interested but money he's asking is steep although they are holding the price well but not that well.
Think it's gunna be still there next week at that money.
I've calmed down the thought process and thinkinking more logically now.:doris:blast

There’s lots of good stuff out there, it’s a buyers market. You’d get an 1190 for that money. Def be concerned about worn discs at that mileage. For reference I just sold my 5k miles 1290 adv on here for £9k

Back
Top Bottom