France Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
The area you are looking at around Dordogne is great...but, it is busy in season and really a tourist mecca. Dont ignore fantastic roads around Clermont Ferrand, Le Puy and the national parc below Saint Etienne. All much, much less traffic. Just search out the D roads and streetview them on gmaps to get an idea and to plan routes.
Just a few weeks since meeting up with some mates from the UK, we stayed at Le Bessat (Hotel de France) for our 1st and last night. Great location to start a tour from and they will let you put the motorcycles in their garage.

Great thanks. Bit Unsure yet as to when we will go.

I'm resurrecting this trip for next year. Obviously the lurgy got in the way and other trips this year.

:beerjug:

As your plan(s) unfold, let us know, please.

If you do a spreadsheet, be sure to include: mpg for the day, tyre wear and lean angles.

Well Ferry is booked for September. Two weeks trip and now I just need some sort of plan. ;)

Similar plan to original post?

It looks perfect for dropping down through the Volcans to Millau, picking up the Tarn Gorge heading East through Cevennes region, a quick hop over Mont Ventoux, a whizz around the Gorge du Verdon and up into the Vercors - we did pretty much this exact route in 2019 having stopped in Auxere and Aurilac on our 1st / 2nd nights, only differene is we headed into the Alps after the GDV.

A bit out of your way, but if you have never ridden around the Gorge it is well worth the extra day or two excursion, Mont V is also worth ticking off your "must ride" list in as well.

I've done the Vercors with Captain Arsey so I'm thinking Clermont Ferrand area then maybe La Rochelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom