Bevel drive rebuild ireland

db-89

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had my drive shit the bed today on first day of holidays.now that platinum is gone is there anyone in ireland rebuilding them or am I best sending it to mikey?

Thanks

Maddocks did mine. I expect most dealers would have the tools to do it.

Mutts Nutts in léixlip. He also has a few broken bm's in there for parts. I've used him loads and can recommend them.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Mikeyboy's experience overhauling bevel boxes counts for a lot in my book. Bin

Just had my drive shit the bed today on first day of holidays.now that platinum is gone is there anyone in ireland rebuilding them or am I best sending it to mikey?

Thanks

How did you get on with this? Who did you use? Were you happy with the work & price?

Mikeyboy's experience overhauling bevel boxes counts for a lot in my book. Bin

Ironic that Laurence should reply on this... I got home to Skerries from Slieve Blooms yesterday to find a leak from the Yellow Peril's FD...

I'm leaning toward Maddock. Work colleague seems impressed with them. Platinum is gone and I'd expect Duffy to be super expensive.

Mark :thumb2

R1150GS FD Leak.jpg

Ironic that Laurence should reply on this... I got home to Skerries from Slieve Blooms yesterday to find a leak from the Yellow Peril's FD...

1150?? You can do them yourself as long as you haven't ridden on and got rivets banging off the teeth (The rivets can't usually get to the teeth!!! But some times I wonder after seeing what I have seen :eek

1 Big Bearing
1 Big Seal
1 Big O ring
200 ish cc of Gear oil
2 ABS o rings if it is ABS

And a bit of patience and common sense

1150?? You can do them yourself as long as you haven't ridden on and got rivets banging off the teeth (The rivets can't usually get to the teeth!!! But some times I wonder after seeing what I have seen :eek

1 Big Bearing
1 Big Seal
1 Big O ring
200 ish cc of Gear oil
2 ABS o rings if it is ABS

And a bit of patience and common sense

Yeah, I've thought about DIY - couple of very good videos on youtube make it look straightforward. But I don't know how long ago the leak started - I suspect I have ridden on it with at least some oil gone, so my concern with DIY is the hassle involved if I discover after I've dismantled everything that it needs professional attention.

It's my forever bike, with 110,000km on it (original FD has never had any attention other than regular oil changes AFAIK), so I'm OK with spending on a professional's assistance.

Maddocks replaced the bearings & seals. No damage other than those wear parts. Back in action now. :)

Not really Luke. Labour was €330-odd.

Might Duffy have been cheaper? RPM?

Maybe. I do like the peace of mind that the job must have been done right.

In fairness, assuming Laurence never had the FD bearings & seals replaced, 110,000km from a set is OK, no?

Back
Top Bottom