Basecamp route sending to Viewranger Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hello there
I have no end of routes saved as GPX files in "My Documents"
I want to send a route (well 4 actually) as an email attachment to a buddy who wants to load um into his phone to follow in Viewranger

Tried 3 times now with altering different bits yet the still open up as straight line routes
Can anyone please give guidance :D:thumby:

Cheers

They open up as straight lines at your friend’s end, I take it, not at your end?

Is your friend trying to open them in BaseCamp, too?

The problem lies, most probably, in Viewranger, whatever that is.

Try sending him a track, instead of a route.

My ends great Thanks - I think the software's are not compatible even though they are "GPX" I will try track transfer
and report back too
Thank you again

i should think track transfer should work, try it you wont break it.

Well if you create or open a route in your Basecamp and yer mate wants to "follow it" on their phone on Viewranger you need to create a "track" in basecamp from the route and send them that.
It does seems to load and show as a track in Viewranger.
What I have also done is reconverted the track I sent to a "route" again to see if that works and shows . I will keep you informed.
Thank you for your help. It may help others too as The lads using Viewranger said it isn't easy to mark a route out as it is in Basecamp with a mouse.

thank you again folks
The original garmin route only shows up in Viewranger if you create a track of it. It shows a black trackline on their mapping.
Thats it
Taa
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom