Nav 5 not navigating to the destination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just realised that a better title for this thread would be:

Nav V is navigating to the destination I asked it for but it’s not the one I wanted or meant it to be

Now, now, don't sulk.

There is a town centre option.

Where to --> Categories --> scroll down to "Towns" --> enter the town in the "Search" box. It will create a route to that town from your current location.

Have a look at the other categories while you're at it.

This is indeed a very simple method, particularly if you want to go to a single destination, ie a route A to B.

Because the device is clever, it also has a safety or ‘Let’s check, shall we’ feature...... *

It has a button ‘i’ for information. Tap it and a little map will pop up. The little map is also zoomable and scrollable. Alongside the little map is some other (possibly) useful data too. Use the little map to check that you are happy that the destination is the one you want it to be or at least good enough for the purposes you intend it for.

The screen also has a ‘routes’ button, which shows the route the device will give you, if you decide that the destination is indeed the one you are happy with. Again, this is useful as it will help you to avoid being abandoned on the A6. All very clever for a crappy machine.

Get to know the ‘i’ button, it really is your friend.

* The ‘Let’s check’ feature is also really good for checking that you have chosen the right place, if two or more possible locations share the same name. For instance, two or more places in France very often have the same name, only distinguished by their department number. If you do not know the department number, use the little map. Does the town look like it’s in about the right place? Yes or no. If yes, chose it. If no, try the other town(s) using the back button.

If I'm ever in doubt I tend to find a shop or a business I know is in the rough area I want, especially large towns, for Matlock (I go there fairly often) I tend to use Kostas Fish Shop as the centre of Matlock is generally not where people are actually going.

Great if you know of a particular shop in a not particularly large place. Me? I’d have to guess between Matlock and Matlock Bath, then moan like buggery if the crappy device sent me to the one I didn’t want to go to.

PS That is a joke. Everyone knows that nobody in Matlock has a bath.

I guess that’s it.

Case closed, with enough ideas and suggestions in the thread to help anyone with a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom