Screens

Hut van

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a test ride on a r1200r today with the BMW touring screen fitted, it was the loudest wind noise I have ever heard on a bike.
When I returned, the salesman removed the screen and I took it out for a short ride again, total transformation.
I am interested in the 1250 version but there weren’t any available on his fleet at the moment but at least the test ride did let me get a taste of the bike which I did like.
Could anyone give me their thoughts on alternative screens that are available without the horrendous wind noise as I would like a screen for longer trips, but couldn’t live with that racket.
Cheers.

I've a 1200R Sport which comes with the tiny nose fairing. That only seems to protect the speedometer from the weather.

I "upgraded" to the large (sort of) touring screen and, while it reduced some of the wind load at speed, it was noisy.

In readiness for a Trip to France this year, I fitted a Puig touring screen, which is a lovely piece of kit, specifically designed for the R1200R https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/win...ights/naked-new-generation-touring?bike=11411

It is however, very noisy.

So I sourced and fitted a low seat to move my head down relative to the screen and it is still very noisy.

I've had similar with my Triumph; no screen - everything is quiet, relaxed and no need for earplugs. Put on a screen - noisy, need ear plugs.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the answer is to not have a screen and simply ride a little slower.

Hi, I fitted a Puig but the sports, slightly smaller screen than the touring and I cant say I notice it being loud, Makes quite a difference to the standard small screen the R1200R Sport comes with, looks great too - not too large and the bike retains its naked - sporty look. The wind deflection is very good under 90 mph. I also have a smaller seat fitted, 29" inside leg, which makes the wind flow even better.

Hope this helps.

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/win...dlights/naked-new-generation-sport?bike=20913

The best screen I had on my R1200R was the tiny sport screen. I did fit a Puig touring screen the first time I took it around Europe and regretted it. Next time the sport screen was back on. Way quieter. The problem with screens is that everyone is different and people tend not to mention which helmet they use. The Wunderlich touring screen has good reviews over on the R1200R forum, but it’s still hard to tell until you’ve bought one unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom