Not welcome at Dales Bike Cafe, Reeth

Not worth the hassle, really

Loads of other great cafes in the Dales

I disagree. It is worth the long drive to do this just by itself. Might even set up my camping stove and cook lunch. :beerjug:

I can't stand busybodies.

Busybodies with clout are even worse and are the lowest form of pondlife. They think they are more important than anyone else. Retribution is needed. :rob

Can someone explain how legally a shop can get away with discriminating against a specific group of the public ?

How do you think they would get on if that sign said No Blacks or Chinese or Gays, it's beggars belief in the modern day.

Or even a gay, black Chinese person :)

That'll convince people what nice folk bikers are. Top job :thumb

I’ve been turned away once I won’t set foot in the place again, the gentleman who owns the place was very polite and gave us an explanation, btw I’m not a biker I’m a motorcyclist.

Loch Ness Shores campsite at Foyers, on the south side. Sunday afternoon we could hear several motorcycles on the A82 across t'other side of the Loch howling along at triple figures (yes I can count gear changes and assess speed thank you)

A couple of Typhoons or something came along the Loch this afternoon, along with a Hercules at zero feet .... making less feckin' noise :D

Just saying' like ...

:beerjug:

It's a BLM issue;; bikers lives matter. Or you could mince through the door with you pink crash hat; and when they refuse to serve you; say in a tone that all in the cafe can hear; is it cos i'am gay. So what's this about then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-104031.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-104031.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 360
I’ve just sent them a message :mad: Should have spell/grammar checked it first before the grammar Nazi’s pounce, but I was rather annoyed by this discrimination. They need reporting to the National Park authority.

Attachments

• 518BB9D2-7494-4863-B99D-8C96AEFFC1C9.jpg
    518BB9D2-7494-4863-B99D-8C96AEFFC1C9.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 351
Looks like the National Park authority have approved this discrimination against motorcyclists as part of the planning permission for the expansion of the business.

Attachments

• AF8C8EC3-C93F-4620-9B8F-4BBCE61D8554.jpg
    AF8C8EC3-C93F-4620-9B8F-4BBCE61D8554.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 327
How desperate do you have to be for a sausage butty?

Cyclist smell feckin horrible, as do bikers....I’d rather find somewhere else where there are no cyclist or bikers tbh :D

Like when I’m asked to remove my helmet at the fuel pump, I’ll just move on to somewhere else...(I’m wearing a feckin open face helmet btw).

Perhaps he has customers like me... I avoid "bikers" cafes like the plague.

Perhaps he has customers like me... I avoid "bikers" cafes like the plague.

Indeed. This scabby place is outside the village of Reeth. In the village centre there is a "square" with ample parking, at least 3 pubs, an ice cream parlour with tea room, a bakery and a traditional style café all waiting to welcome the more discerning customer seeking sustenance. I spent 3 nights at the Kings Arms a while ago and it is a pleasant village to use as a base or just for a break.

fine for a day trip but not so easy if you are staying away from home for a while or in a group of up to 6 who are less organised

It wasn't aimed at you (and your sensible advice), more at moaning locals....

Can someone explain how legally a shop can get away with discriminating against a specific group of the public ?

How do you think they would get on if that sign said No Blacks or Chinese or Gays, it's beggars belief in the modern day.

Really?
Protected groups such as BAME have a legal standing in law.
Groups of rowdy bikers in dripping leathers are deemed a noisy nuisance and the owners can choose whether to cater for them or allow more room for the more upmarket clientele.

A bikers storm in a teacup...get over it.

Indeed. This scabby place is outside the village of Reeth. In the village centre there is a "square" with ample parking, at least 3 pubs, an ice cream parlour with tea room, a bakery and a traditional style café all waiting to welcome the more discerning customer seeking sustenance. I spent 3 nights at the Kings Arms a while ago and it is a pleasant village to use as a base or just for a break.

The cafe at the Dales Bike Centre is one of the few establishments in Reeth which isn’t scabby...

Well you get banned from Forums .... so that's discrimination aint it :D

Back
Top Bottom