eMTB versus CX

I’m running my big tubeless knobblies at 25psi front and back. And that’s pretty hard for a full suspension mtb. I put them up a bit because of the extra weight.

I've never ridden with low pressures like you suggest so once I get the stuff will give it a pop but suspect come next year they'd have to go up if I intend on doing proper Mountains like we have up here.

There's a fine balance when it comes to tyre pressure, having 'proper mountains' has nothing to do with it as tracks and trails up and down the country have rocks, tree roots and other obstacles. Have a read of this...may help. :beerjug:

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/what-mtb-tire-pressure/

I suggest you go up a proper mountain before you make a statement like that, actually I mean come down a proper mountain.

If I was after that reply....it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
You just can't help some people. :rolleyes:

I'm not a newbie to mtbs, I have done proper mountains, I know to my cost the pounding tyres get but what works up a mountain won't necessarily work on a trail is the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not a newbie to mtbs, I have done proper mountains, I know to my cost the pounding tyres get but what works up a mountain won't necessarily work on a trail is the point I'm trying to make.

Best of luck sorting the tyre issue out. I've always been staggered at how two very similar looking hoops of rubber can be so very different off road. One works, one is dire etc

Pressures are unique to each individual. Rider weight and terrain he rides along with type and volume of tyres they have, guess a bit of play and see will be how I shall proceed.

And DON’T even think about using dedicated downhill tyres on a road going bike! They’re unbeatable on the rough stuff but bleeding lethal on tarmac etc.
When I was in Morzine last year I made the mistake of going down the hairpin bend road on my downhill bike instead of the dirt track! :eek: Nearly went over the barrier at the first corner much to the amusement of my mates! :D They are so soft they have naff all grip. :blast

Back
Top Bottom