Africa Twin production line video

Thanks for posting, very interesting.
In the quality control section near the end, makes you wonder about how hard they work the engine just after it has been built before the oil is circulated or if the motors are bench tested first. In the Triumph factory the engines are redlined in each gear so kind of blows the debate of gentle vs hard running in.

Thanks for posting, very interesting.
In the quality control section near the end, makes you wonder about how hard they work the engine just after it has been built before the oil is circulated or if the motors are bench tested first. In the Triumph factory the engines are redlined in each gear so kind of blows the debate of gentle vs hard running in.

As I've said before and repeatedly.... Running In, isn't just the engine....

It's the brake pads, the brake discs, bolt fixings, tyres, etc

So bolting out the gate straight up to 180mph and finding a problem is probably not recommended. Let the bike settle in properly.

Get everything bedded in and then rag it....

Fascinating, particularly as I have an AT. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if while making so many and the tolerances between the individual bikes / components etc do they sometimes turn one out that is perfect in every way . Like the mythical 1 in 1000 Winchester rifles .

Thanks, surprising just how much is torqued by hand

How many times have you removed a fastener on a brand new bike to find it is way tighter than the torque stated in the workshop manual ? Makes you ask if this is a perception due to thread locking compounds, temperature issues or actually the case.

Back
Top Bottom